This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7 Pool Swim is Giving No Distance

Fenix 7 swimming. Has anyone else had any issues with pool swimming with the fenix 7? I just swam for 40 mins and I logged hr OK but no distance! Pool length was set to 25m.

On default settings I think. 

• Me too... worked fine first swim, 2nd no distance recorded.  3rd swim i restarted, tested a couple of lengths, reset, changed data on screens then worked for about 10 laps.  Then tried again and didnt record.  Restarted, still no joy... eventually found if i start the swim and wait 10 secs to 'push off' first length, then it seems to work.  Tried this 3 times and seemed to be ok... but  still waiting 10 secs is rubish.. my fenix 3 was brilliant.  Got f7 for heart rate, which seems fine.. just please sort the lap count please.

• Hi, I have a  brand new fenix 7 and went for a swim today and it did not record lengths or distance. Mines on firmware 7.24. 

• I have the same problem, fenix 7, when swimming did not record lengths and distances, even today after 3 hours of walking I see 0 steps!?!? ... God bless my old Fenix (Phoenix) 3 ... it was a really good product

• I did a pool swim this morning and kept an eye on it and it worked today! What I did to get it working was uncheck the auto rest (as someone suggested), restored the settings in the pool activity settings and turned the watch off and back on, seemed to work! I also checked it was counting by walking up and down my house and it worked. Bit of a concern! There must be a bug somewhere in the software. See if it continues working on Friday with my next pool swim! 

• I only got my watch on Sunday. It would not count my steps at first. Then I pressed the start stop button and toggled down to track me and clicked on that. It seemed to work then. I am having the same problem swimming. I will try again tomorrow.  I had a Samsung watch before no issues. I bought this watch as I do triathlons but I am begging to regret it now

• I am on 7.24 and had the same problem this morning. I have to say it was my first swimming with my Fenix 7. With my old 5x plus I never had such issues. I will try it next week again.

btw, could not find auto-pause for this activity?!?

• As a fellow 5+ refugee I feel you. Today I did restart my watch right before the swim and everything went as planned. So for now it is a simple restart before every swim until Garmin fixes their thing. Honestly: If that is the only major bug they baked into this thing it would be incredible (remember the wonky ANT+ connections on the 5 series? Or me having to run every map update on my 5+ 3-4 times to stop the watch from slowing down to a crawl).

• Updated May 11th, 2022:

This issue is resolved after updating to software version 8.18.

- v8.18 Software Release

• Yes, same here. Tested it 1st time today, everything but distance works fine. I've also had issue with heart rate, jumping from 70bpm to 150bpm and losing reading too. Sent back to retailer, shouldn't be happening with watch at this price. 

• Today I restarted my watch before swimming and it works well and records length and distance. It's not that convenient, but it's a temporary solution until the update introduction. just next info: auto rest is switch of and rest lap used manually only