This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 7 Pool Swim is Giving No Distance

Fenix 7 swimming. Has anyone else had any issues with pool swimming with the fenix 7? I just swam for 40 mins and I logged hr OK but no distance! Pool length was set to 25m.

On default settings I think. 

• It has happened twice to me now.  First time when I used the phone for the first time (very confusing, coming from a Fenix 6x that worked right all the time).  Second time yesterday.  I stopped the activity when I noticed that something was happening. Started a new swim but the problem persisted.  Finally turned the watch off/on and started a new swim.  It did recorded from that point forward. Out of 1000yds of my work out, ended up with recording only 300 after the restart.

• I restarted the watch, didn't have any activities in between and went swimming on friday. It measured distance correctly. Then i had some running trainings and yesterday went to the pool. Again: distance 0. I restarted the watch and still 0 distance. I restarted the watch, toggled settings (50m to 25m to 50m, stroke-detect on-off-on, auto-rest off-on and started again and THEN it measured distance properly again. I would think that it shouldn't work like this

• Mines been OK when I turn the watch offand back on just before I get in the pool and then it records my swim ok

• Updated May 11th, 2022:

This issue is resolved after updating to software version 8.18.

- v8.18 Software Release

• It’s done it again to me, don’t know why and it’s getting frustrating as I’ve lost 500m this morning! After the first problem a few weeks ago I turned the Fenix 7x watch off and back on and disabled the auto stop. Done loads of pool swims without a problem since and today looked at my watch after 500m and nothing recorded! Had to turn watch on and off in the pool and it worked again. Hope Garmin sort this problem out, not good having to keep turning the watch on and off all the time! 

• Same here! Fenix 7 SS owner. I just finished my swimming. It didn't record anything then I powered off and turned back on set up pool distance and worked again. It is annoying as last week was working fine. It has the newest software 7.24 and rebooting the watch wasn't quick either. Other problem I had in the sauna the buttons froze except the light button and the touch screen was lagging but today no problem in the sauna. Also as other people mentioned the buttons feel crap like every button has a different click and not in a pleasant way. Shame because I like the battery life and the look but not going to support a company who sell crap quality in a premium price. Will look elsewhere.

• I have the same issue with 7X Solar, I have no idea what 's wrong

• I returned my 7x and just got replacement. Will test tomorrow. 

• After turning the watch off and then on again, mine has recorded correctly mostly.  It has only missed one 100 yard swim that I had programmed into my workout.

• I just swam for 14 minutes in an indoor pool and my watch recorded 75 yards. I stopped and saved the activity and began recording again. I swam for 1:40 and recorded zero yards. I called Garmin and they had me do a soft reset. They want to see if this happens again. This is a pure BS response. I have had no problems for over a month with the 7X Sapphire Solar until now. The tech called plugging in my watch and holding the top left button until my watch turned off a "Hard reset". I have always understood this to be a soft reset. A hard reset restores to factory settings. I think This is a garmin problem.