Fenix 6 System Software 25.10

Official update available via Garmin Express Wink

• I got it today! But I’m not sure if I want to install it, to generate me some new issues. Better to not wear this garbage! 

• How hard is to understand that software can go from Alpha-Beta-Production even though it's the SAME PIECE OF SOFTWARE.

It's easy to say "This is Alpha" and have no problems/issues with it, go to Beta (or even skip Beta) and then move it to be Production.

Everyone saying this is a Disaster/Garbage etc, you don't even understand what you're talking about.

Garmin have just moved what was originally marked as an Alpha release to their stable release channel.

(Yes yes rant at me about how many bugs you think you've found etc and soforth, that's not my point.)

Just because a release was originally released with the Alpha tag doesn't mean it can't be moved to Production with zero code changes.  You all seem to think that if it was 25.10 Alpha there must then be a 25.20 beta before there could possibly even think about being a 25.30 Production. That's not correct, as the move from 25.10 being marked Alpha to it being pushed to everyone shows.

• Right. And since 25.00 is in production, it's also ok not to fix "legacy bugs" in 25.10 ;)

Except that if you look at the forum you'll see how many people reported how many bugs before 25.00 was released, and that was a total "oversight" by whoever pushed the button. But as now it's legacy bug, it's "OK" to fix it only 3 months from now. If at all...

• Yes yes rant at me about how many bugs you think you've found etc and soforth, that's not my point.)”

Right. Your  point is fair.

Well, you ranted a bit about  it ;-): which is not a problem at all, especially because your point seems to be valid.

But it says nothing about that users has been left wondering what was happening, some being on the positive side corrected us that a couple of hours ago, there was no chaos, 25.10 was beta. :-)

Now you are teaching people that everything is fine, no chaos is around us at all, 25.10 is a Production version, which can happen directly from an Alpha even skipping Beta. Everybody being on the positive side is right.

Both you and Roendi stating about this 25.10 that “No Chaos. This is a Beta Release“.

I know it may sound contradictory, but in the Miracle World of these forums it can be true. :-)

The ones on the negative side like me just point to things like this one: a global company with over 19.000 employees (source: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/company/about-garmin/) misses to have the one who could have announced a Production version before it happened, and not just one and a half day later after the first user reported its auto install on his/her watch.

Oh well, I guess the employee in charge probably had not been informed about the Production of 25.10 in time, so he/she could not fulfil his duty. Or had the employee been informed, he just did  not care? Or has he/she announced it, but in the wrong forum and corrected it too late? 

Well, guess the first one may be the truth, because even  Garmin-Chris had to edit his post in another thread today  saying that things have become different from the piece of info he had 2 days ago. I meant that one https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/324077/firmware-v25-00-broke-connect-iq-custom-watch-faces/1584660#1584660

In other words Garmin-Chris seemed to be informed too late. So I tend to think that Garmin-Jimmy, too. 

So without involving any bugs being in the bug threads under F6 beta forum, neither the ones which were ticketed months ago, nor the ones which are still under review, so without discussing the bug fixing philosophy and/or capability, I wanted to point to this level of being not well-organized (or being well non-organized :-) ), which happens again and again as the sun rises and rises (at least on this globe).

• My watch closes during a long workout activity. It says it’s on the 25.10 software update

• At least it says what update it wants to install. A few days ago I got an update and I have no idea what it was (not 25.10 because I was already using it, probably the Timezones update)

About a half a year ago the same thing that you wrote now happened to me. I was in the middle of workout when the update was suddenly pushed.

• Has anyone else experienced problems with their Fenix 6 since installing 25.10? My sensor hub no longer works, no gps, no hrm, action button is delayed and activites don't work and battery now discharges in less than 1 day compared to the 12-14 days prior to the software installation.

I've been dealing with customer support, all their suggestions have failed and now they're telling me I need to pay £175 to get a replacement refurb watch for a fault their software seems to have caused given that it was working perfectly prior to that.

Thoughts?

• My solar charger stopped working after the update. Decided to wait for the next release update. And there are so many complaints. If the update does not help, I'll try another hard reset.
  • Sta arxidia mas kouklitsa mou

• Yup, there's a LOT of people like you - including me. My watch was destroyed after software 23.47 i think...  I did all the possible resets, nothing helps. Garmin don't want to admit - it's their fault ! Best what i could find now, is to downgrade software to 24.10 ! It's pretty easy to do. You can find that on Garmin forums. Meanwhile, waiting for a miracle,  maby the next software version will change something...