LCD dicolourartion- Fenix 6X Sapphire

A discolouration is growing on the LCD, and is most prominent when backlight is on.

It has double in size over the past 2 months.

Does anyone have an idea what this is, or what is causing it?

Is it repairable?

Unit Id 3348353084

Software 23.80 (32288e

e)

Top Replies

• I have the same problem on my Garmin Fenix 6X  Pro .Were you able to resolve the problem? If you did can you please let me know how you did it.

I am very sorry to hear you are having this issue…

• I already did this. How long does this process take?

When you contact Product support, they will discuss your options. With this particular concern, the device will likely need to be replaced…

All Replies

• Looks to me as moisture got into the screen. If you are still under warranty, Garmin should replace your watch.

Since it is a sapphire I guess you do not have a screen protector on there right? Just to exclude the possibility that it is actually the screen protector that makes it look that way.

• Cheers Matthias

Yes you guessed correct, I don’t use a screen protector. You have to love the sapphire glass, it’s worth the extra cost.

No definitely not under warranty. 

With the moisture idea, I did think that at first but assumed as the watch heats in sunlight and cools over the past couple months the discolouration should have varied in size both larger and smaller and moved locations. 

It’s almost like an oil stain. 

It has me stumped. I haven’t found any other watchface LCD issues in forums. I’m now concerned if the battery may have a leak.

Thanks again Matthias for having a look at issue

• Hi

I have the same problem on my Garmin Fenix 6X  Pro .Were you able to resolve the problem? If you did can you please let me know how you did it.

• No, it never went away but kept growing to eventually covering 90% of screen.

Never resolved the issue.

Eventually I went and bought a forerunner 955 solar which is regularly at half price.

Highly recommend the  955 solar, internally it’s a Fenix 7, yes it has mineral glass instead of sapphire but the screen protectors on Amazon are cheap and do the job. It’s waterproof to 50 meters instead 100 meters. 
    The 955 is so much lighter and cost nearly $1000 Australian than the Fenix at retail.

• I have the same problem on my Garmin Fenix 6X  Pro .Were you able to resolve the problem? If you did can you please let me know how you did it.

I am very sorry to hear you are having this issue. I would recommend contact Garmin Product Support to discuss options for replacing the watch. 

Garmin Product Support

• Hi 

Thanks for the information .I already did this. How long does this process take?

• I already did this. How long does this process take?

When you contact Product support, they will discuss your options. With this particular concern, the device will likely need to be replaced. Time frame for receiving a replacement really does depend on your location. So I would refer this question to Product support to give a more specific time frame.