Sleep tracking accuracy on Epix 2. How does it compare with lab tests?

Hi, I am considering buying the Epix2 watch. I was originally planning to get to Fenix 7 but I am really attracted to the brighter screen of the Epix. One of my primary use cases is sleep tracking as I am keen to monitor my overall health. I understand the sleep score affects other health metrics. I am aware that some reviews suggest that  detection of sleep stages is not accurate . However does the overall sleep duration align with peoples experience?

Secondly would be interested in opinions on the Titanium versus steel version?

• It hasn't tracked my sleep accurately since I bought it. Not convinced by it at all 

• Just noticed this is a question for the Epix 2. My answer applies to the Fenix 6 Pro.

I can't say how "accurate" sleep tracking is, as it is recording things I can't be aware of. It seems to capture the times that I fall asleep and wake up quite well. Sleep score and body battery in combination can sometimes be useful to 'prove' to myself that I'm feeling tired for a reason, and that will be of little use to push myself extra hard that day. It is important to set the 'usual sleep time' window correct, which is a hassle if your schedule is not regular.

• The Epix 2 is worthless for sleep tracking. Garmin tells you that you have to put in an accurate sleep window. So, they essentially admit that it can’t track your sleep. As I write this at 7:12am, I’ve been up and about for 4 hours and have nearly 1000 steps in. My watch says I woke 12 minutes ago because my normal sleep window is set to end at 7:00am. Now my body battery and training readiness is totally skewed. If I have to tell my watch I’m awake or asleep, then I’m the one doing the tracking. 

• I, too, can only speak for the Fenix 6.

It should be clear that the device does not have medical approval and should not be used for diagnoses.
    My set bedtime is from 10.30 pm to 06.00 am.
    From the pictures I have you can see that I overslept one day and woke up too early the following morning.
    Except for a few minutes, the time of sleep monitoring is correct.

• My Epix 2 is a huge disappointed, NOT ment for sleep at all. My Oura ring was pretty darn accurate, big disappointment Garmin!!

• My Epix 2 which I purchased new as soon as it was released, has NEVER tracked sleep correctly, EVER!!! My Oura Gen 3 ring, does a far FAR better job, shame on you Garmin, bad sleep tracking device!!

• I can't recommend the Epix Gen2 whatsoever when it comes to sleep tracking it is hopeless. I've had a Fenix 6 Pro for years with no issues. Epix is a cheap gimmick.