Are only 3 custom activities possible??

Is the limit for custom activities only 3 on the F6X?? I have 3 of them already, and when i try to create a 4th one, the watch tells me i it cannot save it and i should delete another one and try again. 

Update to spare you from reading the whole thread: There is a limit of 60 activities (activity profiles) and also not installed activities count against that limit. There is currently no way of deleting the not installed activities from the watch. In the latest firmware (20.87 Beta) we are now down to only 2 custom activities. With Garmin adding more and more activities, soon custom activities will not be possible anymore at all, if this issue is not resolved. 

Update 29.04.2022: Garmin confirmed that they do not acknowledge this as an issue. If you would like to add more custom activities, please request to Garmin to increase the limit or to enable us to delete unused profiles. Refer to https://www.garmin.com/ideas to submit your wish to Garmin. There is currently nothing else we can do.

Update 15.08.2022: Back in June, Garmin acknowledged the problem and agreed to deliver a fix. In August, Garmin gave the update that they plan to increase the total limit to 60 in the Q4 feature release (so somewhere end of this year).

• In addition I can say that this problem does not seem to exist on the fenix 7, I asked Dcrainmaker some time ago if it was possible to add other profiles on the fenix 7 (on the fenix 7 there are some more profiles I think they are already at 60 and above), he said he tried adding 6 and succeeded with no problems. However, the solution would be very simple: in the software line where it says 60 you put 80, I don't see where the problem is, also because it is the number of profiles present on the clock but not even installed, and on the clock there is all the memory you want

• workaround I still need to test is connecting the watch via USB, deleting the sports profiles I'll never use, and copy over my custom sports profiles from a backup of my Fenix 5.

That does not work. Deleting unwanted sports profiles does not remove any, and none of the Fenix 5 sports profiles get imported.

I can however install more apps. Those are not sports profiles, and don't count towards the limit of 60, but you can use them as an activity. But I'm not looking forward to developing my own sports apps :-(

I'm not happy to have 50 sports profiles I'll never use but unable to add ones that I do use, but I'm going to give this a rest.. no use trying to get any kind of fix for it. I'll just repurpose, rename and adjust UphillPaddleHockyOnHorsebackOrWhatever to whatever sport I do want.

• Updated December 2nd, 2022:

The number of total activities has been extended from 60 to 75 in the v24.00 software update.

• This is also the process I am following. The issue is also on 20.60. Many people started to notice it on 20.30, when 12 new stock Sports profiles were added, and suddenly it was only possible to add 3 custom ones. The issue most probably existed before, but it was not noticed because we could add 15 custom profiles before reaching the limit of 60. It was reported by multiple people to Product Support and to the outdoor beta Team. Product support does not acknowledge it as a bug and is either telling us to factory reset (which does not help) or to report it as a feature request via the 'Submit idea' form. Outdoor Beta Team never replied to anyone afaik.

Here Screenshots:

Adding "other" activity:

Result: 

(Translation: "Addition not possible. Delete a profile and try again"). After deleting one custom activity, I can again add one. Watch is a Fenix 6X pro.

Also some people reported that they did not get all the new profiles when updating to 20.30. I assume this is because they already had more than 3 custom activities before updating, so the update could not install the new stock profiles because the limit was reached.

Interesting that it works for you, Chris. Did you by chance have already 6 custom activities on your watch when you updated to 20.30? And do you have all the new stock profiles (Horseback, Tennis, eMTB, HIIT etc.?

• Same issue here with my 6s Sapphire. I have the 60 (default) activities plus 3 custom ones, and I cannot add any more. Firmware 20.87 beta, but I've had this with earlier firmwares, from when I first got the 6s (February).

I did not have this issue when I was using my Forerunner 245 (earlier firmwares there, too, as I have sold it now).

• Exactly, maximum number of profiles is 60.
    Why only 60?
    Hard Reset does not help.
    It will be funny when the planned two more profiles are added in the next official software update.

• Since you seem to haven't the issue, can you try this? Connect the watch to the pc, go to the Sports folder, how many profiles are in that folder? We that have the issue have 60 profiles max, always (deleting or adding profiles via pc doesn't change nothing). There are only two cases: you have more than 60 profiles (58 original plus your copies, and in that case I don't know why we can't add more profiles in that folder and instead you can do it) or you miss some original profiles. Anyway the issue doesn't came out with a specific firmware update, it was there from the beginning, it came out when step by step were added many new profiles and the total (original + copies) reached the limit of 60. Just raise the limit.

• Steps to reproduce:

Connect watch to computer, in \Garmin\Sports, check how many profiles, for example 56.

Press Start
    Scroll down to '+' (Add)
    Start (select)
    Copy Activity
    Choose one (Run for example)
    Repeat until you must be at 60 sports profiles.

Then this error occurs: "Cannot add another sport profile. Delete a profile, and try again"

Connect watch to computer, check \Garmin\Sports again, there will be 60 profiles.

• Yes running v20. 60 with the same issue, it gets worse with each version that adds extra profiles to the software..... We're down from about 13 copies to two.