Does anyone use their Apple Watch and Fenix together?

Before anyone goes off on me - I LOVE my Fenix 6s.  It has been a great watch for the past 2 years.  As a sports watch, it handily does everything that I need.  But I moved from Android to IOS this past year.  And the F7 doesn't excite me. So I'm looking at getting an Apple Watch for day to day stuff and use my F6 for sports stuff (running, golf, etc).  I know that some people here do this.  What do you use your AW for/what do you use your Fenix for?  Are they interchangeable or is it a pain in the butt?  Do you use Apple Health?  I just want to know if this is realistic or am I in la la land.

• There is a big thread about it, where many people share their experience.

I have both and at the moment I wear the AW 90% of the time. Pros and cons to both watches, it really depends on what is important to you.

With the AW I enjoy the seamless integration, smaller size, display, convenience of one-click apple pay and unlock with mask on, ability to use focus modes on the watch as well (they don't work with the fenix), schedule lists for shopping, closing the rings for move motivation, unique haptic feedback instead of solid vibration, mic/speaker for calls, full autonomy if it is connect to the same WiFi as the phone so I can leave the iphone in the locker.

What I don't like is the battery (obviously), but with the new fast charging it needs only like 40 min per day so I use shower time and top-up in the evening. Also the built-in fitness modes are crap, if you are serious about it you need to look at third party (paid) apps.

Fenix pros - battery (!!!), Garmin connect and the fact all the stats are there, body battery/stress measurement, ruggedness and looks, all possible activities being native, using buttons during workouts (much better than sweaty fingers on the touch screen). Better selection of watch faces from third party developers.

Cons - syncs kinda slowly with Garmin connect, when I open it I always have to wait until the stats refresh and even close/reopen sometimes. Doesn't "close" your rings. You can't take calls on it when you are chopping something in the kitchen. Grocery list apps are terrible so I don't use them, and so are most third party apps (not watch faces though). Bluetooth is kinda finicky too, mine loses connection even if I cross my arms on my chest in a specific way.

I am now eyeing the Epix, maybe will sell the 6 and get it. Who knows - it may take me back to the Garmin side fully.

• ^^^ Agree 100%. I’ve owned every Apple Watch except the 7. I wear the 6 every day. I’ve been eyeing the fēnix 6 and finally bought one last year. I needed the extra battery for longer zone 2 runs, so now I often wear them both.

I am also becoming more and more appreciative of the fēnix ability to track HRV constantly (Body Battery), the dedicated workout modes, and the general ruggedness.

I will always want the AW Siri integration (amazing to ask my watch to unlock my front door or start my coffeemaker), a fib detection, and ability to call or text from almost anyplace I find myself out running - my wife demands that as well and I hate carrying my phone.

I also have a much easier time reading the AMOLED AW screen and have been following the news about the epix 2…

I hope that someday I can have all the AW/fēnix functionality in a fēnix package. Maybe nuclear fusion powered so it will have decent “battery life” lol  

• I wear both. Probably 4 days out of the  week I wear Garmin, 3 days Apple.  I always wear the Fenix when I run.  About the only two things I prefer on my F6 vs my Apple Watch is structured running (ie, run/walk intervals, fartleks etc) and better tracking of weekly activity minutes.  If the Apple Watch got those, then I'd probably wear it a lot more.  I like the battery life of the Fenix but Apple is good enough most of the time.  The Fenix screen is OK with B&W watch faces but fugly otherwise.

• I have a 6S Pro, my wife an AW7. The AW screen is far superior, but I'm considering a move to the Epix2, so that's a draw. Garmin's sole drawback, for me, is its inability to make calls and perhaps a few good apple apps. If I knew Garmin would add that functionality to the Epix within a year I'd wait, but it seems a bridge to far for now. Meanwhile, I love and use Garmin's maps, and the integration of activity data puts the AW to shame. And I just couldn't live with a battery that barely ekes out a day.

Comparing either the Fenix or Epix to AW, it comes down to your priorities -- maps, data and battery vs true smart watch function. And price. All very good watches.

• Did anyone end up using both the epix 2 and AW now ? 

• 7 months later…

I wear epix 2 daily and my Apple Watch sits on the charger now. Can’t quite bring myself to sell it, but I don’t wear it.