Strength Custom Workout Issue

So I've made quite a few custom workouts I use on my watch. Now that I've done these workouts a few times I know where my weights should be for every exercise. I went into my workouts and set weight targets for each exercise then resent the workouts to my device. The issue is when I do my workout when it shows me the current step, it still shows 0.0 as the weight to use instead of what I have in GC. 

I was also hoping by entering the weight into the workout that when I go to edit the reps after each set I wouldn't have to manually change the weight each set. It's not a big deal for 20 or 30 pounds on an exercise, but when I need to manually set it to 300 that's a lot of scrolling each time.

Any ideas?

• Something I'm struggling with too. So far Garmin was not able to reproduce it.
    forums.garmin.com/.../bug-with-self-created-strength-training-weight-data-missing

Please get in touch with [email protected] to help narrow this down.

Happend for me mostly with "edit weight" turned off on the watch, I have this turned on now and the watch proposes the weight I set in the workout, except for body weight exercises, there it jus takes the last weighted one (should not happen either). I sent a a video of it happening but so far I don't know how to reproduce it 100%.

• I have always had "edit weight" turned on. I wonder if it's a bug or something. I'll send them an email and see if I can get a response and post it here.

• For some reason I was lucky in my last 3 workouts. I suspect it has something to to with accepting the watches rep count or adjusting it, but that also was not consistent. Do you have all weighted or also some bodyweight exercises in your training?

• What's your lowest weight? Anything below 25kg? I find it odd that its ok for me at the moment, when before it always failed at some point. So one thing that changed is that I progressed and increased weights.

• Reading this , I thought that I'd give it a try, rather than doing a 'Free' workout and editing weights and reps each time

So I created a Bench Press workout, The reps sadly were way off, before I even laid down to do a movement the watch would count one rep or two, and unless I'm wrong there is no way to correct this, which you can do if you do a 'Free' workout

But I didn't have any empty weights showing when I finished the workout, I only had to correct the number of reps using GC

For info I did 20 kilos up to 80 and back to 20 Edit weight was turned on on the watch

Did a second workout programme in GC, this time Back Squats, with Edit weight was turned OFF  which seems weird as I could then edit the number of reps after doing the mouvements on the fly as again they were sometimes of. Weights were all correct after but I suppose this is normal as again they are pre-programmed. 

A shame that you cannot modify the weights if you do heavier or lighter than programme, You can only do this when all is finished

Edit weight turned ON on the watch, you can't edit anything as you go

Edit weight turned OFF on the watch, you can edit the numbers of reps as you go

On and Off seems to be the wrong way around to me

• Replying to my last post, This time dis the same Bench Press as a couple of days ago, but with edit weight turned off, so that I could correct the false reps, all weight I did as my workout suggested, but when finished nearly all were empty in Garmin Connect, so it looks like maybe it's something to do when Edit weights are turned of. As my first test they were 'On' and all weights were correct when I finished and checked in GC

• You can also edit reps with "edit weight" on. It first should ask the reps, then the weight, it's a short window to hit the edit button.

I've seen it happen with edit weight on too, but seems to happen less often. 

Today I decided to do my pull-ups weighted, since edit weight was active I added it in the watch, but that weight didn't end up in the activity. But the rest transfered ok. But I don't really dare turning edit weight off again (usually I stick to my pre-planned workout, so I don't need to go through the weight on the watch, but atm it seems to work so well for me). 

• I need edit weight off as reps are always miscounted, but not once did it give me the chance to edit the weight as well as the rep, strange, need to play with it more. When I did a Free workout, that I could edit rep and weights

• I created a custom workout and right after pressing the lap button to end the set, I get a "edit reps" at the bottom of the screen for a few seconds, this then can be opened by the down key on the left side. Regardless of "edit weight" on or off. But if you hit the lap button and then put stuff away you might miss it.