Pairing Fenix 6 with multiple (actually, 2) phones?

Hi, tried to browse the forum but did not get the information I was looking for...

Is it possible to pair the watch with 2 phones simultaneously?

Aim is to receive notification from both the phones, not interested to have all the data syncing on both phones (though this would not disturb me...), So that I don't miss both friends and work messages and calls (or wife's and... Others' Smiley )

Thanks to anyone that would have the patience to answer me.

Cheers

Franco

• I'm curious about this, too. Particularly, pairing it with 1 phone and 1 tablet (which I imagine would be the same process as two phones). I haven't tried it, but often wondered how that would work.

• You can pair with as many phones/tablets as you like but only one connection can be active at any one time. Having GC active on more than one paired device is not conducive to the maintenance of an even temperament!

• Hi, thanks for the answer, unfortunately makes sense the "one active connection only" concept (though I don't understand the second sentence of the post... May be my bad English). I was hoping in some tricks for having at least the notifications pushed... But again if only 1nconnection allowed then I guess I have my answer Slight smile thanks for the intervention!

• The only one active connection at time is a limitation of Bluetooth.

The second sentence refers to the device randomly connecting to a different host device when more than one host device is in range. For example you may be using GCM to manage the watch and part way through what you were doing the watch will switch its connection to another of the paired host devices.

If you are using physical SIM cards a multi-SIM phone could be an option.

• Thanks for the advice, I do have a dual sim phone but I am not allowed to use my company sim card in my own device for IT safety rules... Otherwise that would be perfect in many ways! 

For Bluetooth, I think it actually allows for multi point data connections, at least... I am 100% sure phones do this (there has been a time when I had multiple smartwatches connected to same phone for... Experimenting Smiley ), all perfectly syncing and receiving notification, however, I think this should be implemented in the device itself by the manufacturer, in case of the Fenix probably my need is so peculiar that nobody in Garmin though of doing this, and I can even understand that, but it's a small drawback for my personal use

• Bluetooth Multipoint is only for headsets to allow them to receive audio from more than one source that must also support multipoint. In my many years of experience it it rarely works properly.

Even with multiple watches paired to your phone they were individually still in a one-to-one connection relationship with the endpoint they were syncing with.

Garmin may be able to implement such a feature but I suspect the effort required to reliably implement it is not worth the return — even if the hardware is capable of supporting it in the first place.

• Yeah you're right "multipoint" was probably  the wrong term, but you got my point completely, and.. agree this is possibly a too much specific need that will likely will not be implemented... Well I fear I'll have to buy a second Fenix for the other phone. And for the other wrist Smiley