does the fenix 6x pro work with polar stride sensor

So, I just purchased my first ever Garmin after 21 years with polar.

My H10 HR transmitter works fine but how do I get my Polar Stride Sensor to work.

Ive been trying to calibrate my treadmill runs but Im not having any success.

I've seen a few reports on here by people using other foot pods so hopefully my old Polar Bluetooth Smart Stride Sensor should work

any guidance much appreciated

• Is the sensor listed under Settings -> Sensors and Accessories? If not, can you add it (Add New -> Foot Pod)?  

If you can add it, it should work, if I interpret this information in a 2013 post by DC Rainmaker correctly:
    'The only requirement that a watch need have is Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity (to support Bluetooth Smart), and the firmware programmed to support this Bluetooth Smart device profile.'

What goes wrong with the treadmill calibration?

• Hi

Thanks for taking time to comment on this.

I have managed to pair my old stride sensor but the device ID does not match what is stamped on the sensor body?

I will try it tomorrow, fingers crossed.

I have done 3 runs on the treadmill and they have all been out even after doing the cal at the end.

the last run was close, at 0.9 mile and 1.8 - 2.7 - 3.6 - 4.5 and 5.4 the watch told me i had run 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 miles.

i will update tomorrow how it goes.

thanks

• I tested my old polar stride. The battery was empty and its an unusual one, but by holding a smaller battery in place with my hand I got it working.

I moved it like a step and did not have any problem pairing. Left it with default configuration with pace and distance indoors. Started treadmill activity and again started to move it with my hand. Cadence and pace changed accordingly. 

• I tried my Stride Sensor today and it worked. after the run i didn't get chance to calibrate it and the 10 mile i did is reported as 9.51 miles, so all my data is wrong.

I went into the watch menu on the foot pod and it was set to autocal...clearly didnt work

so i have gone into the manual settings and changed the value of the modifier, it was set at 100 and ive changed it to 105?

thanks again for taking the time and trouble to check your old footpod for me.

• The autocal feature in sensor menu is used to auto calibrate it outdoor. Watch is compairing gps distance with the distance from pod and change the calibration factor accordingly. 

If I remember correctly you calculate the factor as you did.

For me the problem with the polar stride (or any foot pod I've tested) was that I needed different factors for different paces and also shoes, which defeated the purpose of the pod when I wanted it to be perfect. Much better though then to trust built in measurement that rely on arm movements indoors. Not tested Stryd.

• Hi, were you able to pair your Polar Stride Sensor Bluetooth Smart to your Garmin Fenix 6 Pro? I am planning to buy a Polar Stride Sensor Bluetooth Smart to use it with Zwift Run with an old non-smart treadmill and also pair it with my Garmin Fenix 6 Pro. Please let me know if the Polar Stride works with Fenix 6 Pro. Thank you.

• Hi, Yes...it works great.

its totally accurate once you calibrate it.

• Thanks much for your confirmation that Polar Stride Sensor Bluetooth Smart works with Zwift Run and Garmin Fenix 6 Pro. I may get back to you on the calibration part. Need to order the Polar Foot Pod first. Thanks!
  • Thanks! Works with Garmin Fenix 6 Pro and Zwift Run, right?