Hello Fenix 6 customers,
Our next beta version for the Fenix 6 series is now available!
Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.
- Fenix 6s: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
- Fenix 6s Pro: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
- Fenix 6: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
- Fenix 6 Pro: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
- Fenix 6x Pro: www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp
Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.
20.00 Change Log Notes:
- Added ability to turn off recording an activity during a golf round.
- Added an alert to notify user when battery is critically low during a music sync.
- Added HRV Support from chest strap for Yoga and breathwork.
- Added pop-up to Pulse Ox Measuring feature if the device detects too much movement and cannot get an accurate measurement.
- Added support for new biking activity profiles: eBike, eMTB, Cyclocross, Gravel Bike, Bike Commute, Bike Tour, and Road Bike.
- Added support for the HIIT activity profile and workouts.
- Added support for the Pickleball profile.
- Added support for the Padel profile.
- Added support for the snowshoe activity profile.
- Added support for the tennis activity profile.
- Added new tips to indicate which activities support Incident detection.
- Improved accuracy of Surf wave count algorithm.
- Improved Explore Sync app waypoint load times.
- Improved Lactate Threshold and Altitude Acclimation algorithms.
- Improved measurement loading UI when taking an SpO2 measurement.
- Update the altimeter’s auto calibration to be either be “On” or “Nightly”. Setting to “On” will calibrate at night, activity start, and continuously during activities. Setting to “Nightly” will set the device to only calibrate altitude at night. (Models without DEM maps will not perform continuous calibration during activities)
- Fixed issue with alarms intermittently not going off when the device is set in Max. Battery Mode.
- Fixed display issues on the device after navigating to a point initiated by the Garmin Explore App.
- Fixed issue where selecting a single point on a map that contained multiple items would not display the items properly.
- Fixed issue that would corrupt open water swim activity files.
- Fixed issue where PacePro bands would not be recognized by the device.
- Fixed issue with updating aviation data over wifi.
- Fixed issue with activities reporting incorrect Activity Calories and Training Effect data.
Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.
Sensor Hub: 11.01
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 3.00
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60
Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible for APAC region devices.
Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line
We know this post states it is a public release candidate, yet the URL states it's a beta. This is simply a method of delivery for public beta. We use the same channel and therefore the 'beta' term follows each of these links. We only note it is a public release candidate so that you are aware it's the proposed version to go live to the public.