Fenix 6 Series - 19.74 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Our next beta version for the Fenix 6 series is now available! 

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

19.74 Change Log Notes:

• Added ability to turn off recording an activity during a golf activity.
  • Added an alert to notify user when battery is critically low during a music sync.
  • Added HRV Support from chest strap for Yoga and breathwork.
  • Added pop-up to Pulse Ox Measuring feature if the device detects too much movement and cannot get an accurate measurement.
  • Added support for new biking activity profiles: eBike, eMTB, Cyclocross, Gravel Bike, Bike Commute, Bike Tour, and Road Bike.
  • Added support for the HIIT activity profile and workouts.
  • Added support for the snowshoe activity profile.
  • Added support for the tennis activity profile.
  • Updated the altimeter's auto calibration to be either "On" or "Nightly". Setting to "On" will set the device to periodically calibrate altitude throughout the day. Setting to "Nightly" will set the device to calibrate altitude at night and before the start of an activity.
  • Improved Explore Sync app waypoint load times.
  • Improved Lactate Threshold and Altitude Acclimation algorithms.
  • Improved measurement loading UI when taking an SpO2 measurement.
  • Fixed display issues on the device after navigating to a point initiated by the Garmin Explore App.
  • Fixed issue where selecting a single point on a map that contained multiple items would not display the items properly.
  • Fixed issue that would corrupt open water swim activity files.
  • Fixed issue where PacePro bands would not be recognized by the device.
  • Fixed issue with activities reporting incorrect Activity Calories and Training Effect data.
  • Connect IQ improvements and bug fixes.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.30
Sensor Hub: 11.01
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 3.00
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Absolutely! They could have gone through the problem remotely as we are in 2021 and this is not a problem anymore

• So considering this is listed as a public beta, and there are absolutely no warnings on this forum post, nor the beta firmware page that advises that it will completely invalidate your warranty if you install it, I think there needs to be some clarification here from Garmin on what the official stance is. If it is indeed true that installing a public beta completely voids your warranty and that support will not help you, then it needs to be made abundantly clear on the beta forum post and the firmware download page that this is the case. 

One for Jeff_ODSWENG to confirm I think, I would expect better service for those people helping you test software and ultimately improving your products.

• Also if this is the case, for the next stable update - to also release a manual download so those of us can quickly return to stable without having to do a rebuild etc.

• Still no way to disable Recovery Alerts for those of us that don't want them.

• Still no way to disable Recovery Alerts for those of us that don't want them.

• Pointing out features that don't exist doesn't really belong in the beta firmware threads - Garmin has an ideas submission page specifically for this sort of thing. Posts like this are why these threads become bloated to 23 pages, reducing the visibility of posts that are actually relevant to the beta firmware. If we weeded out all the "I see there's still no ____" posts, it could probably be reduced to 5 pages.

• If it is indeed true that installing a public beta completely voids your warranty and that support will not help you

Not true, got a brand new one in August. Had to backdate to the latest official release and redo a couple of tests, which is entirely fair. From the former beta thread:

May as well add that I've never had to roll back due to excessive battery consumption on any Garmin (my current F6X is my ninth). The only time I've ever had to roll back was on my previous F6X that was misbehaving and then only to satisfy a request by Garmin support, after that they sent me a new watch.

Issues with the beta should go to the beta team, which is also fair.

Another fair thing to ask, would be if these beta threads were limited to reporting success, bugs or questions about the current beta, at least for as long as they are sticky (or a set time period).

• Not true, got a brand new one in August. Had to backdate to the latest official release and redo a couple of tests, which is entirely fair.

Your post just illustrates a spectacular failure to grasp the issue at hand - the poster who was denied warranty for a failure after installing a beta got into a boot-loop issue, which is not reversible or solvable by a reflash.

Another fair thing to ask, would be if these beta threads were limited to reporting success, bugs or questions about the current beta, at least for as long as they are sticky (or a set time period).

Agreed, so trying to gatekeep this thread when you don't grasp the issue discussed just adds to the noise. If Garmin UK are trying to deny warranty or you need to get into a battle with them after a beta bricks the device and renders it inoperable, the official Gamin policy absolutely does need to be clarified.

• Hi everyone,

here to report an odd behaviour for the charging (fenix 6s), not sure this is specific to beta software but I did have this happening with older software than the current beta (most probably it was other betas, I basically up to know always installed the beta firmwares, very little time spent on stable releases for my watch).

Fist of all, when I charge it my watch does not always show the same interface, sometimes goes into the pie graph with a big battery % in the middle, sometimes only shows a small overlay on the top part of the screen (similar position / dimension as the the "phone diconnected" notification).

Yesterday the watch choose to show the pie graph. At a certan point the percentage froze (it was showing like 56% after couple of hours, not really possible... unplugged and it jumped to like 96%). plugged again up to 100% then put on wrist.

This morning I noticed that all statistics related to HR (HR itself, stress, body battery, respiration rate) stopped logging around the time I put the watch to charge (correct since it was not on wrist) bub did not resume afterwartds... up after a rebood I did this morning, now working fine. sleep was recorded correctly together with "movement" graph, of course no HR and respiration rate for the night.

I should also report that my cable connection acts weird, sometimes disconnects for the slightest movement and I have to giggle it a bit to get the charge going again (garmin current connector has always been questionable, if you ask me).

Questions are: 

First of all, which is the correct interface I should see while charging? big pie or small half moon oiverlay? And mostly... is there any logic in getting one or the other? (I don't know, charging current value, IQ vs Stock watchface, ... )

Is this happening to anybody else or is it my watch only (which could mean a specific defect of some kind)?

Should I reboot the watch after charge every time? Would seem odd to me to be "normal procedure Smiley )

Thanks in advance to whomever will have the patience to read through all this, special thanks to whomever will add the extra patience to answer.

cheers, Franco