Fenix 6 Series - 19.21 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Our next beta version for the Fenix 6 series is now available! 

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

19.21 Change Log Notes:

• Fixed issue with alarms intermittently not going off when the device is set in Max. Battery Mode.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.30
Sensor Hub: 11.01
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 3.00
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not compatible for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• Hi, one curiosity, is it possible to backdate NOT to the previous beta but to an older one (specifically 16.70) to try and get rid of the battery issues that have some devices on 19.20 and 21? In case, where to get the firmware files for that?

Thanks!

• Hi, thanks but... Nope, that brings me to the usual beta downloads page where at the momento is 19.21, which includes the backdate to 19.20, but no 16.70... unless i am missing something, in which case i would appreciate a lot if you could guide me to the correct link... Looking basically for 16.70 official old stable for a 6x pro solar

• Oh, never noticed they changed the links on the public release as well, sorry. Well, you could use the top link in the quote here. It's still alive but the original message was later edited by that member, so you're on your own.

May as well add that I've never had to roll back due to excessive battery consumption on any Garmin (my current F6X is my ninth). The only time I've ever had to roll back was on my previous F6X that was misbehaving and then only to satisfy a request by Garmin support, after that they sent me a new watch.

• If you email Garmin Product Support, they will email you the 16.70 file. 
    They won’t tell you, but you need to rename the file to the file name mentioned in the 19.21 backdate. And you may find the device ignores your instructions not to auto update I’m afraid. 

• Basically, I'd agree with you, but if anyone wants to roll back, let them go... ;-) But honestly, is there a good guide somewhere where a rollback from 19.20 to 16.70 is described? Or from which to which version ever. It has been asked a few times here. Writing to support to get the 16.70 files shouldn't be the problem. I'm not that well versed in rollback, I'm only interested in that in general.

Btw.: I'm using a 6X PRO; I'm currently at 19.20 (not 19.21!) installed via Express from PC via USB. I have now about near 2 weeks of battery life with about 2-3 hours of training with GPS and HR (no SPO2!) a day. So far... is this okay?

Cheers!

• Roll back files and instructions are included with every release of beta firmware. But each beta release will only roll you back to the previous production firmware. If you want to go back in time to earlier firmware you need to get your hands on the rollback for that release.

Some people keep archived beta files and can get a copy of the 16.70 roll back file if needed. I used to have them, but wiped almost my entire archive when I formatted my drive and clean installed Windows a few weeks ago after an unsuccessful and very unsupported dalliance with Windows 11.

As for your battery life, there are many variables, but two weeks sounds decent, if perhaps a little light for your usage. It's on par with my battery time, but I record more activity hours per week and I charge once per week (to only 80%) to avoid the 100-0% full discharge cycle and consequential strain on the battery longevity.

• I've got almost all betas from 11.75 saved for 6X Pro Solar.

• Basically, I'd agree with you, but if anyone wants to roll back, let them go... ;-)

Yup, that's why I posted that link, to a quote with a link, to files with 16.70 in them. :)

But it's generally not a good idea to use such shares, or to backdate.

• I totally agree with you in terms of battery life!

I do it the same way asyou, try to attach it to the charger when between 15-20% and then only charge up to 80-85%; but although, as you know for sure, there are a lot of discussions about what is more harmful: a cycle of 0..100% or more charging cycles because you only recharge 60% (in case of 20 to 80).

And if you ask the manufacturers of battery charging circuits, they of course say that it doesn't matter when charging to 100, because they want to sell their products and get as much charge as possible into the battery... so long;