This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Performance condition/anaerobic not working anymore

My Fenix 6 has stopped recording anaerobic work and I never get a performance condition. The widget never come up anymore and even with a tough workout in all zones my training load is in 20s and never any anaerobic number! I use a power meter and heart rate strap and used to work fine but suddenly every ride puts me in recovery and my load is just dropping off. Vo2 won't change either and my rest should always be way more than it says.

Any ideas as to why? I can't for the life of me figure this out. Heart rate zones are the same and power zones are. 

• It is actually the Status Condition. See picture 

• Which activity are you doing? 

• Running outdoor? 

Cycling with a power meter? 

• Both indoor and outdoor. Before the 19.20 upgrade I always had the condition status. Since then nothing.  See picture how it sopped, till then I had it every time I trained.  

• From everything I've read on the forums I think this problem is related to the brand/model of heart rate monitor. I'm running 19.21b and 19.20 before that and all my numbers are present and correct. I use wrist HR, Polar H7, Wahoo TickR X and Garmin HRM-PRO and they all work as expected.

I think that examples that do not work, or may not work include Whoop and Myzone MZ-3. It is to do with problems reading HRV data incorrectly from some monitors, while others are fine. If I've got it wrong then I apologise. This is just an impression I get from reading here. I have not seen any official statement from Garmin to pinpoint the problem. They admit there is a problem, but have not provided any details to help customers.

Here is my data, all as expected and up to date.

• Strange. I also use HRM pro, HRM TRI and Wahoo

• Oh, OK. I'm stumped. Garmin straps should absolutely work, unless it's a different problem. Sorry I couldn't help.

• Are you sure that you do not stopped Training Status by mistake? Or was the update that stopped it. If you click on the three blue dot on the top right, do you see the possibility to re-enable it? 

• My take is it maybe a hardware/software issue from the watch itself. Years ago I got. a 6s and whr was really bad. So garmin exchanged it and the new one came with old older firmware and whr worked as expected. Then I upgraded to the latest firmware at the time and whr was bad again.  There was no way to reverse to the previous firmware at that time so I returned it. I have a friend that told me his 6 pro was working fine regarding the whr. He did all the tests and indeed his was working fine despite the countless threads about bad whr. Then in January I decided to give it another chance. I bought a 6 pro. It came with 12.20. It was working great. Whr would match my chest strap when I was looking at it without starting an activity. I never upgraded until 19.10 and then 19.20. My watch is still working fine. Get training status, training effect, intensity minute are good. I use a smart trainer with power meter and a polar h10 strap. Polar is ant and smart trainer is Bluetooth. So I feel bad for the people with issues as they are real like my whr issues I had. But if it is a very small percentage I am not sure what kind of resources garmin is going to put toward it. At least you can reverse to a previous firmware and get it to work. My 0.02. All that is just speculation.