This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Performance condition/anaerobic not working anymore

My Fenix 6 has stopped recording anaerobic work and I never get a performance condition. The widget never come up anymore and even with a tough workout in all zones my training load is in 20s and never any anaerobic number! I use a power meter and heart rate strap and used to work fine but suddenly every ride puts me in recovery and my load is just dropping off. Vo2 won't change either and my rest should always be way more than it says.

Any ideas as to why? I can't for the life of me figure this out. Heart rate zones are the same and power zones are. 

• Totally agree; Chris has been very active and responsive and that’s definitely to be welcomed. 

• Downgrade. Connect the watch to a pc. Open garmin device.xml and change all version number major and minor to a number higher than 19.20. Save and make the file read only. Turn off auto update on the watch. It should not update automatically after than. I have been using 12.20 for 8 months and it never updated until I forced it to get 19.10 and 19.20. But for me, everything looks fine so far. 

• The intensity minutes should only be recording with a hr of 130 to 140 bpm sustained for 10 minutes.... 

I'm getting them with hr well below that, cleaning my teeth or sitting down, they just keep going up. 

Vo2 max I was using just with treadmill... I've never run outside with GPS with this watch... It was going up with a combination of walking....now since 19:20 it remains stagnant.

I will try your suggestion about annerobic te... but I was getting it before 19:20.... and I haven't changed anything my end.

• Had problems with getting the wrong Training Effect and energy consumption, but only when using my Polar Verity Sense Strap. With my H10 or the wrist sensor it was fine.

----->> The Verity Sense had firmware update, installed it and also used ANT+ instead of Bluetooth. This fixed it for me, hope it helps someone else also.  

• I followed their downgrade instructions but it keeps over-writing each night despite auto update being off and me “backing out” of the install prompt. 

I will try your suggestion; many thanks. 

• No, I’m connected via ANT+, as are others. Garmin Product Support have already confirmed it’s related to how the device is reading HRV data, rather the the connection medium. 

• Where are you downloading the older versions from?  I can only find the latest.  I'm looking to downgrade to 18.80 until this issue is fixed

• I just found this topic after googling if anyone else is having similar problems. Why is it taking Garmin so long to fix this? Clearly they messed up the software update.

• Probably because not all people is having this issue and it is difficult to understand why. 

For me seems to be ok. 

• Same here. No performance condition since 19.20 update. Watch keep asking me to train with HR strap for a week, I have been doing it for weeks but no change. Too bad