This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Performance condition/anaerobic not working anymore

My Fenix 6 has stopped recording anaerobic work and I never get a performance condition. The widget never come up anymore and even with a tough workout in all zones my training load is in 20s and never any anaerobic number! I use a power meter and heart rate strap and used to work fine but suddenly every ride puts me in recovery and my load is just dropping off. Vo2 won't change either and my rest should always be way more than it says.

Any ideas as to why? I can't for the life of me figure this out. Heart rate zones are the same and power zones are. 

• This issue has caused me to pretty much stop wearing my 6X Pro at the expense of my Apple Watch Series 6.

I sure hope that VO2, load, performance condition etc make a comeback asap.

• thats the way it is on garmin as far i know, at least since around fenix 5

(havent researched the topic much outside of normal observation of results i get)

steady zone 4/5 run "improves" VO2max or LTHR but doesnt do much for anaerobic TE, for it you need intervals and pretty hard ones ...

just my observation and the explanation above ;-) :-)

• they have been updated quite a few times, but at least for me i didnt see much changes (even with last ones)

latest changes as far i recall were more towards recovery (thats per changelog in betas)

thats again for me, i dont have power meter for cycling so speaking of running/walking/hicking and such :-)

• I've moved back to my old Fenix 5x plus for the time being, until my 6x gets an update to fix it. 

• I updated to 19.21 beta and I am getting readings as normal again now

• I'll give it a try then.... nothing to loose lol... 

Updated to 19:21 hopefully it will shock my 6x back into rhythm. 

: -) 

• steady zone 4/5 run "improves" VO2max or LTHR but doesnt do much for anaerobic TE, for it you need intervals and pretty hard ones ...

How can that be? Zone 4/5 is entirely anaerobic. That would be equivalent to saying an aerobic workout doesn't do much for aerobic TE. All intervals do is move you in and out of anaerobic.

• Rightly or wrongly, it seems that Garmin is looking for relatively explosive efforts of short duration and extremely high intensity in order to add to the anaerobic score. This has been for as long as I remember, both as a regular cyclist and occasional runner. Basically you've got to pretty much sprint, or close to it, to score. Steady(ish) efforts on Z4/5 are not going to cut it.

For example, here are my heart rate zones for a 31 minute run on firmware 18.80.

Here is my heart rate graph - steady build, no intervals.

And here is my TE score

In contrast, today I did a sprint session on my bike using firmware 19.21. Zones....

Heart rate....

Power....

Training effect....

This is the behaviour I've always seen when it comes to gaining anaerobic TE.

Interestingly, or not, for each of the five sprints my TE score updated as follows....

1.8, 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, 3.1, so the biggest gains always come from the first few efforts and it is much harder to progress as you go on. I did not think that my performance tapered so much for the fourth and fifth intervals - it's just that the more you do the less additional impact they have, on the score at least.

•  updating to 19.21 didn't solve, annerobic, calories, training load, recovery time, intensity minutes or Vo2 max for me unfortunately.

• I’m also having this problem. How do I lodge this issue please?