Battery issues after update 19.20

After updating my Fenix 6X to version 19.20, my battery is draining extremely fast. I took my watch off the charger at 0600 this morning with 100% and by 1400 it was already down to 70% charge. Before the update I would maybe be at 97%. I haven’t even used the device to track any activity, listen to music, and my pulse ox is turned off. 

• I installed 19.74beta. Still the same mess. Battey lifetime less than 3 days. Before 19.20 i had battery life time at least 10 days. 

Is there somewhere a rchive to downlaod 16.70? 

• I installed 19.74beta. Still the same mess. Battey lifetime less than 3 days. Before 19.20 i had battery life time at least 10 days. 

Is there somewhere a rchive to downlaod 16.70? 

yep that's been my experience too. I am trialling 19.74 and it's just as a bad. Support said it had a fix for excessive battery consumption but i couldn't see that in the changelog (although i noted some changes to e.g. UI features, which might have been a drain on battery).

I wish we could roll back.

I don't honestly understand why not - given one can roll back a beta.

• I did experience some horrendous batter drain, almost 50 percent one day, on my 6S Pro. I did a hard reset and it improved tremendously. For example, over the last 21 hours, it's down five percent. That's with no gps (activity), low power night mode, and very little bluetooth connection. Not saying it' a solution for anyone else, just that it's worth a try.

• After cogitating my troubleshooting reports Garmin have asked me to return my watch for replacement this morning.  So I've just sent it off to them and hopefully I'll get the replacement in short order.  I'll let you all know if the new one fares any better once it turns up and I've had a few days to bed it in.

• Good afternoon guys. I wanted to update you on the status of my battery: as I told you, after installing the beta 19.74, it seemed that my battery life had improved. Actually tomorrow I will recharge my f6xpro solar, to date after about 14 days my battery is marking 18%. Consider that I have these data extrapolated from the "device usage" widget: Uptime 13d: 23: 17, Low Power 13d: 12: 58, GCM 1d23: 21: 04, OHR scan 07:28:42, GPS 05:49:04, BLE scan 01:02:11. As you can see, I only used about 5 hours of GPS and about another 7 hours of activity with heart rate monitoring. In conclusion, I thought I had solved my problems, but in reality, I still cannot be satisfied with how the battery of my device is behaving, also because I have done few activities. I look forward to an upcoming stable firmware version and see if my situation will improve. These days I will try to contact garmin to ask if they can provide me with the old version 16.7 which was perfect for my device. In the meantime, I will monitor consumption again and update you in the coming days.
  • I think hr monitor from wrist got something to do with drain, but in 16.70 software, there was no problem with that.

• Good afternoon guys. I wanted to update you on the status of my battery: as I told you, after installing the beta 19.74, it seemed that my battery life had improved. Actually tomorrow I will recharge my f6xpro solar, to date after about 14 days my battery is marking 18%. Consider that I have these data extrapolated from the "device usage" widget: Uptime 13d: 23: 17, Low Power 13d: 12: 58, GCM 1d23: 21: 04, OHR scan 07:28:42, GPS 05:49:04, BLE scan 01:02:11. As you can see, I only used about 5 hours of GPS and about another 7 hours of activity with heart rate monitoring. In conclusion, I thought I had solved my problems, but in reality, I still cannot be satisfied with how the battery of my device is behaving, also because I have done few activities. I look forward to an upcoming stable firmware version and see if my situation will improve. These days I will try to contact garmin to ask if they can provide me with the old version 16.7 which was perfect for my device. In the meantime, I will monitor consumption again and update you in the coming days.

bravo.

good post.

thanks for the brilliant tip regarding device usage. didn't realise i had that available!

My battery is still awful post 16.70

I'm currently on beta 19.75 in desperation and nothing's improved.

in fact, according to the widget, i've used (plus recall of when i charged and to what level and what activities i've done)

- 25% in 21 hrs 23m
    - with 19hr 08m in low power mode
    - and 14m 47s GPS (and that was only to set the altitude on my watch - i forgot it was calibrating and didn't start my tracked activity - yet another change by garmin, which has made usage more awkward)
    - 1 tracked <5 min HIIT activity
    - all the rest of the consumption has been: sleep, just about the house or sports coaching (with any native background tracking my watch does i.e. HR, steps, intensity minutes etc)

• I haven't had any problems before and is in general satisfied with my watch, but after 19.20 I too experience an insane battery drain: https://i.imgur.com/7DnzkHi.jpg

• I appear to be seeing the high drain too.

Last week due to very wet weather here in the UK I used less than 2 hours GPS and was down to 5% charge 5 days later. Thats with the default watch face, no notifications, no WIFI  and power save between 10pm to 730am.

Yesterday I recharged to 100% and 24 hours later Im at 84% with 1 hour GPS with music use during a run. After the run I was 92% from 98% at the start so the drain isnt from GPS, something else is guzzling power.

• I have a open case with Garmin. They advised me to, and I have installed the beta 19.75 and the battery life is still bad 0.97% drain per hour. I had no issues prior to 19.2.

Pls call Garmin and log a ticket. It may well be that our hardware chips may be different depending on batch. May explain why some people have no problem.