Bluetooth connection issues - yet again

I am getting truly tired of endless bluetooth connectivity issues with my Fenix 6 Pro. Sometimes a software update resolves them, but there is always a recurrence. After a few weeks of all being OK I am back, since latest update, to the watch refusing to link up to my phone whatever I do (and of course I have done all the usual things ad infinitum). Why is this ?? Surely by now this issue should have been resolved for good. I connect many devices to my phone, some old, some newer, some Apple, some not. They connect  ALL THE TIME. I do not have to spend ages fiddling in an attempt to get the thing to connect. For goodness sake, Garmin get your act together on this

• I agree on this, I'm highly certain this is related to recent software update 16.xx. I recieved a replacement unit that worked fine in regards to cennectivity from 12.xx, but had visual issues with pages not being visible or extremly dim. But as i upgraded to 16.70 it started losing connectivity again. Will send back the replacement unit, if the next one show similar issues I'll demand my money back and look for alternative smartwatches. Truly unacceptable in terms of QA before pushing out an update like this. 

•  I suspect that this is more to do with your phone than you watch..

What are the usual things ad infinitum that you have done?

Have you made sure to lock the connect app on your phone into the background, so your phones operating system cannot kill it while its in the background? That generally tends to be the number one cause of disconnections.

• I tested using my Iphone X as reference and observed equal results. In detail, the first pairing and sync works as expected. But during the day the connection is lost and becomes very hard to regain, even after restoring watch and phone. Most if not all background systems related to bt and connect app were set to aid in the connection stability. 

I've read about issues pairing or using bt headphones after bt firmware 6.xx. this makes me think the root cause is the firmware update. 

• Mine just started acting up with the latest sw update (16.7) also. It now won't connect automatically unless I toggle bluetooth on my iPhone. Thy had it fixed for a while and now the problem is back.

• Maybe its more of an iPhone issue as not seeing it with Android (OnePlus 7 Pro 5g) - its rock solid, and if I walk out of distance, it quickly reconnects once back in range.

• Same faultless experience with my 6X Pro Solar and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. BT connection with phone is perfect for over 18 months. Disconnect/reconnect is seamless.

Maybe the problem is iOS or the app for iOS. It would be best to contact Garmin Support for troubleshooting/diagnosis.

p.s. when Android users do face problems it is usually due to power management on the phone killing the app. It needs to be allowed to run in the background continuously. How else can it remain connected, or reconnect, and generally function as it should?

• I agree wholeheartedly. I  recently bought a Fenix 6x pro solar as an upgrade to my Fenix 3hr. I could not get it to sync to my iphone. I called Garmin, and after troubleshooting , he thought it was a faulty bluetooth antenna. They sent a new replacement which had the same issue. When I reported it again , there were no answers. This has obviously been very frustrating! I returned it. I think Garmin is great but their software always has glitches.

• I would like to fill in with further information on this, i recieved a replacement unit a few days ago. It has been upgraded to 16.70, no settings changes has been made on my Android and the bt connection is very reliable. 

Might therefore be linked to a hardware issue. 

• Thanks for the replies. This problem has occurred, on and off for a long long time. It is obv a Garmin software fault, because the failure to connect is linked in time to their software updates on watch/Connect app. I didn’t expect anyone to offer a magic solution, really just wanted to vent my irritation that Garmin can not get this right after so long ! I’ve just reverted to synching via my laptop.  Not a great loss really. Might just ditch the Connect App altogether.

• Thanks, but I dont have the time to type out the Garmin help pages on what to do