This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Jaybird brand headphones disconnect (IE: Vista/Tara/etc.)

Just a fair warning for anyone expecting a major improvement, the jaybird headphone disconnection issues are still present in the latest firmware. The only way to fix it is still downgrading the Bluetooth firmware to 5.04. It’s been months from Garmin with no proper fix, and I’ve sent multiple emails.

P.S. I did have a brief period of respite on beta 16.30, but after the disconnections during my run today rendering the headphones useless I’m not sure if that was just pure luck.

• Funny you say that, because I went almost 2weeks with uninterrupted connections while running.  I went through all the motions EXCEPT rolling back to previous version and the only reason I didn't do that is because I can't even seem to get Garmin Express to install on my new Windows 10 laptop without seizing up.

2weeks of pure bliss and all of that ended today...  Went for a quick 3 mile run and halfway through I lost connection and it was never to be had again.  Back to square one and this time, I can't even get Garmin Express loaded in order to roll back to prev software version.

• Just FYI, you dont need garmin express to load the BT version that works for all of us. just a USB cable and a free port on your windows PC.   Simple as pie.  Put the BT fw version into the remoteSM version within the garmin watch, and unplug.  Check the links for more complete/detailed views of this.  But it really is quite simple

• You do not need (or want, for that matter) Express.  Just plug the watch in and copy the BLE/ANT 5.xx file into the directory Garmin\REMOTESW.  When you unplug the watch it will ask you if you want to install it; say yes.

Then turn OFF automatic updates in the settings, otherwise it will be overwritten automatically the next time you DO connect it to Express (and might be overwritten through Bluetooth on your phone too.)  That last step is important! :-)

• The just-released Jaybird Vista 2 has the same problem. I ordered some yesterday hoping that something would have changed. Set them up and connected to iphone 12, works perfectly. Turned bluetooth off on iphone, added the Vista 2's to my Fenix 6s Pro. Immediately connects, then within a minute disconnects. Stop/start play on Garmin, won't reconnect, sometimes will say connected but no sound, then disconnects. The only fix is the same as previously stated...  The only way to fix it is still downgrading the Bluetooth firmware to 5.04. Works perfectly as soon as I downgrade to 5.04 but a hassle because the Garmin keeps wanting to upgrade to the latest (nonworking) BT version... Sad...

• What happened to the pinned thread? The issue still isn’t fixed Garmin.

• 17.72 beta is out, but still no ANT/BLE/BT update. Will this ever be solved ?

• Same here with My Plantronics Backbeat FIT II always disconnect every 10-15min from F6x pro since 6.x bluetooth firmware. No problem if I rollback to 5.x. Sorry for my poor english.  ?

• While this issue does not appear to be specific to Garmin products, we have reported the issue to Jaybird; unfortunately we do not have any indication of when they might be able to provide a resolution.  

• r Just FYI,

I communicated with Chris via the private email as requested. My name was supposedly added to "the list".

It's a month later, various beta sw's released and no action on this problem. I assume Garmin is simply not interested. Returned my Vista 2's and looking for something else which works. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My first Jaybird Vista pair worked great until Garmin changed the BT so they didn't work any more.

It's possible to load the old BT version and they will go back to working fine but then you can't ever connect to Garmin Express or it will automatically update and reinstall the broken BT version.

And yes, they took down the "pinned thread" too. So maybe just trying to avoid discussions on the problem and hope it goes away. Definitely expected more from Garmin after paying the premium price...

• Do u have other sensor's connected.  I've not run extensive tests, but after I removed my bike sensors.  And temporarily removed my Garmin RD pod.  And maybe it's a coincidence, but I've have better luck staying connected with my vista's.

I don't ever use Garmin express, but if your connecting to PC is just as easy to reload the older BT version