This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Jaybird brand headphones disconnect (IE: Vista/Tara/etc.)

Just a fair warning for anyone expecting a major improvement, the jaybird headphone disconnection issues are still present in the latest firmware. The only way to fix it is still downgrading the Bluetooth firmware to 5.04. It’s been months from Garmin with no proper fix, and I’ve sent multiple emails.

P.S. I did have a brief period of respite on beta 16.30, but after the disconnections during my run today rendering the headphones useless I’m not sure if that was just pure luck.

• Jabra and Jaybird are 2 seperate brands Chris. Not sure why I got a notification for this as being the solution to the issue.

• Oh my goodness... I was wishful thinking. I would love to see this issue gone... Thank you!

• It's not brand-specific.  In fact it happens if you have the headphones playing music from your *phone* which is on you.  How do you know?  Have the watch set to announce lap and heart rate (for example); it will stop during an activity at some point playing through the phone.  Same deal -- it dropped the phone connection.  It's entirely reliable with the older bluetooth/ANT firmware.

Garmin knows about it and has emailed me for some specifics.  Hopefully the fact that it also drops phone links will help them find it.

• The issue is gone for me at least for now - done 4-5 runs without any issues.

What I did was:

1. Installed latest Garmin beta 16.70

2. Forced Flashed Jaybird Vista firmware 1.1.6

• Try downgrading to BT 5.04

• Where do you do that on the Fenix 6x Pro ? Or where on the iPhone ?

• You copy the update file from computer to the watch's GARMIN\REMOTSW folder same way as the beta files.
    After you unplug the USB cable an update notification will pop and you can install it like any other update.

• Thanks - but i dont believe in beta’s - and changing anything by myself - are more for a solution from Garmin or Jaybird … and it seems they have fix it. My jaybirds works now again. 

• Thanks - but i dont believe in beta’s - and changing anything by myself - are more for a solution from Garmin or Jaybird … and it seems they have fix it. My jaybirds works now again. 

I really can't interpret your comments. Why are you commenting continuously in this thread if your Garmin+Jaybird works? Garmin released last ANT/BLE/BT update in 2020. october (6.11) and the last firmware update for Jaybird Vistas was in 2020. december (1.1.6)... so what is the fix that made your devices work again?

but i dont believe in beta’s

Rolling back to ANT/BLE/BT 5.04 is not a beta. It's the official ANT/BLE/BT file from a previous firmware. If somebody decides to rollback doesn't risk anything. If it doesn't solve the issue just hit auto update and after a restart you will be on ANT/BLE/BT 6.11 again, not even a factory reset needed.

• HI All.

I jumped on this discussion a couple of weeks ago, after nearly a year of frustrations between my forrunner 945  and Vista. I then purchased a Fenix 6, just to find it has the same issue!!!  to say i was PI55ED, is an understatement.

well any way, i ran yesterday for 2 hours, and had perfect connection from start to finish!!

WTF!!!!

Please, if a Garmin representative reads these forums, you must have some sort of idea what the F4Ck is going on. If these were some cheep chineese copies, i would expect glitches, but there not! so far ive spent £500 on a 945, £750 Fenix 6, and 2x £150 on Vista (gave one to my wife) she uses a Garmin Venu,with no issues at all.

GARMIN SORT IT OUT!!!