Unable authenticate maps

After successfully updating topo maps to version Europe 2021.10, Garmin Express notifies update of: Coverage of Europe, Middle East & Africa 6.10 ; Coverage of North and South America 6.50 ; Coverage of Pacific 5.60
After updating the Fenix 6x does not detect these maps and whenever it is restarted or disconnected from the computer a message appears on the screen with the text: "Unable authenticate maps".
Entering the system information of the fenix 6x, these maps are NOT operative.

Once again, Garmin disappoints with the problems that bring their updates.

Anyone else with the same problem?

• OH I see many complaints in these forums on that issue so I assume whom updated the maps has the error.

Most users don't update the maps I believe but might be wrong.

I probably have a problem with my device but no where in the guide you sent did garmin say that it could happen (this error) because of problem with device nor which type of device problem causes it.

I have deleted and reinstalled from scratch using express and still this happens much like the downloaded maps are corrupt or my device persistent memory has an issue and it is always writing the maps to the same place where it has a problem reading.

@       Garmin - Chris       Do you have any idea what type of issue may cause this?

• I suggest you make a backup of the current "GarminDevice.xml" file located in the "Garmin" folder on the watch. Then delete the original. Then restart the watch. It is worth a try.

• The number 1 reason a GPS device with a map on it goes to either error, "Cannot Authenticate Maps" or "Cannot Unlock Maps" - is due to the owner accidentally disconnecting the device while the map image is still being written to the internal memory. The map image then becomes corrupted. The issue can also be caused by computer issues too.

In the time I have been with Garmin, our watches that are map capable, it is very rare that a map will naturally become corrupt unless there is a hardware failure on your watch.

Determining the corrupted map cause:

Delete the map and reinstall it. If the watch continues to have either error on the computer normally used, it is best to reinstall the map(s) on one more computer to be certain if the cause is the watch having failed internally.

• well at a Garmin store they tried to clean install the maps and it keeps appearing.

So add to your time at Garmin count a case of a map image naturally became corrupt :) 

sent it for service.

• That is no fun. I am sorry your watch developed an issue.