Turning on the Garmin Fenix 6 Thermometer feature

Have a nice day
How can I turn on the Thermometer sensor of my Garmin Fenix 6 device or from where can I activate this feature? Can I add this feature to widgets?

• There is a temperature widget and a weather widget. Feel free to add either or both. 

Temperature widget has limited value since it is influenced by a combination of body temperature, air temperature and radiant heat (sunshine). Therefore it really is kind of useless for much at all.

The weather widget needs connection with your phone from which it will obtain weather information over the Internet from the nearest weather station {typically airport) to your location. This means that the weather data might be useful, or not, depending on distance and differences in altitude. e.g. It might be completely useless when up a mountain. 

You can buy a Tempe sensor which will measure temperature to send the watch during activity. Placed with thought to its exact location it can give the most accurate indication of temperature during recorded activities. But you have to consider the influence of sunshine, airflow and body temperature dependent on exactly where you place it. 

• My aim was just to measure the room temperature in a classical way or the temperature and cold degree of the environment I am in. For example, I had a Casio watch that I could measure with the Thermometer feature in a classic and simple way, of course, it was a life-saving measurement, still not a problem for me. Thank you.

• Well if you take the watch off so that it is not influenced by body heat you could use it as a thermometer, once temperature has stabilised to ambient environment. The temperature widget will track changes over time as well. But then you will lose WHR and associated metrics like body battery and stress.

You could add the temperature widget right now and review the recent temperature history of the watch. 

• I had a Casio watch that I could measure with the Thermometer feature in a classic and simple way, of course, it was a life-saving measurement

Life saving???   Would you not be with us today if your Casio didn't display the ambient temperature? 

• Temperature widget has limited value since it is influenced by a combination of body temperature, air temperature and radiant heat (sunshine). Therefore it really is kind of useless for much at all.

This constant claim that it is useless.. I don’t get it why you keep doing this. If you understand how it works you can get valuable information from it.

• I agree with you, I just wanted to give you an example.

• It's not a very useful feature I just wanted to ask for information purposes or I agree with you

• I'm just curious? What information do you get from that sensor?

• You can buy a Tempe sensor which will measure temperature to send the watch during activity. Placed with thought to its exact location it can give the most accurate indication of temperature during recorded activities. But you have to consider the influence of sunshine, airflow and body temperature dependent on exactly where you place it. 

^ This

• The temperature widget, if you have a Tempe sensor, will pull the current temperature from the sensor and also the 24h high/low temperatures, which are stored on the Tempe sensor's onboard memory (a feature which many people don't know about, as it's not really advertised).

So, for instance, when I'm backpacking, I can wake up in my tent in the morning and open the temperature widget, which will pull the data from the Tempe that's attached to my backpack nearby, and tell me not only what the current temperature is, but also what the low temperature was during the night, and what the high temperature was the day before.

For $25, it's a device every single Fenix owner who cares even a little bit about temperature should buy and use.