TopoActive EU 2021.10 Insufficient Space Issue

I updated the latest maps via Garmin Express. Everything ended normally without a problem. Finally, Garmin Express wrote me that I was with the latest updates. I disconnected my F6 from the PC and restarted it. The process of installing the new maps went smoothly. After reconnecting the watch it to the PC, Garmin Express showed me a new update of TopoActive Europe 2021.10 is available which I had already done. When I try to install this update, I get a message that my device does not have enough space. In my F6 there are 17 GB free and the map is 11 GB. Does anyone have a similar problem? 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Ahh. I see
    As a double check I've just deleted the corrupt map folder from my computer & the maps from my Fenix then performed an update, which downloaded the maps from the Garmin servers. Unfortunately the NE map downloaded from the Garmin servers is still the corrupt version. 

I'm just copying an edited version of the corrupt map where I've corrected the map part number to my Fenix. I'll report back when that's done.

• You'll also find the other folders contain all firmware, application updates that have been done via express. Some might be worth keeping in case you ever want to rollback to a previous f./w version on a device 

• Sorry, forgot for a moment that I'm in the Garmin forum.

I'm more that kind of it guy that regularly releases stable software on a regular basis that is progressing

• It's easy to forget Wink

As explained above, I've just copied an edited version of the corrupt NE map where I've corrected the map part number to my Fenix. Now when I plug the Fenix into the PC & start Express I no longer get the EU Topo Map update prompt. So I'll leave mine like that until Garmin release a map update with an official fix for the issue

• Is it really takes two more days  to change the map code  from "006-6184-10" to "006-D6184-10"? Guys from the forum https://forum.gps.nl/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=52754 

did it for a few minutes and informed Garmin a few days ago. Wake up Garmin Wink

• No one suggested here that the problem has been solved, at least not the way you're describing it.  The suggested workaround implies loading the latest map that has a wrong code, as far as GE is concerned, but the watch does detect it as the latest map.

Alternatively, there was a suggested method of editing the map product ID, but that might not be everyone's cup of tea.
    forums.garmin.com/.../1253305

Edit: Oh, yes, and please check the map version on your watch, to see if that one is now the latest one, because until the issue is resolved the GE will keep on showing that there's an older map, but the watch does end up with an updated version. I'm rocking 2021.10.

• You might not know this, but some parts of Europe were celebrating Easter yesterday, and they were off work starting Thursday. Now, coincidentally, Garmin has offices in at least one of those countries. It is nice that the developers got a chance to spend some time off with their families, even if that means some users will have issues updating their maps to the latest version.
    We, people, are too much focused on our own needs and keep forgetting that few things fall into our own narrative Slight smile

• You might not know this, but some parts of Europe were celebrating Easter yesterday, and they were off work starting Thursday. Now, coincidentally, Garmin has offices in at least one of those countries

This is a pretty lame excuse.

When there's something important to to, I work on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.

• Please define important...

Some hints:

• Is your watch working?
    • Does it display maps?
    • Can it navigate you?
    • Does your life depend on it this in some way not known to us?
    • Are you just ranting about GE showing a notification that there is a free map update available but fails to install it?

Don't get me wrong, I think things like this should not happen if you're a big player like Garmin.

But to be honest it's nothing that important to put a whole team on it over vacation time...

• It is certainly completely unimportant knowledge. But what Garmin has in Europe in terms of development offices is mainly in Bavaria/Germany. Easter was already a few weeks ago there. If you look on Wikipedia where else Garmin has offices, none of them are in a country where Easter was celebrated last weekend.

But regardless of that: Garmin keeps releasing software that has bugs of some kind. Either there are problems with Garmin Express or with the files used to update the watch. It's just terrible. If you compare it to FitBit, for example; yes, the watches are made of plastic - but the software runs great.

But I think that every person should be allowed to have free time at the weekend. It is completely exaggerated when some people here make demands on Friday that a solution to a problem should be solved on the weekend.

Such egocentrism pisses me off!