This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch Reboot During Activity After v22.10 Software Update

Note: This thread is for the Fenix 6 series watch rebooting during an activity after updating to the v22.10 software. This original post is over a year old and is not the current issue. Since this is the thread everyone has made their reporting thread, this 1+ year old post remains the starting post but the conversation is for the v22.10 software. Thank you.

Hi,

This weekend I did a 24k trail using the Trail Run activity. At about 17km the watch rebooted and after the reboot I was able to resume the activity. Luckily I looked at the watch just when it happened so I didn't miss more than a few hundred meters and everything seemed ok except for the recovery advisor which probable only looked at the remaining part.
connect.garmin.com/.../6382781712

I had a course loaded but the screen was my standard screen showing only Garmin built in DF's (HR, Distance, Timer, Pace, Lap Pace, Lap HR, Elevation and Altitude). Another screen with the Stryd DF but apart from that no CIQ DFs.
SW 15.20, GPS 5.00, WiFi 2.60, CIQ 3.2.4, BMX 1.0.2, WHR 1.00.02, ANT/BLE/BT 6.11, Sensor Hub 8.00
Stryd Zones 1.8

I've read other threads with similar problems and one thing they have in common is notifications. I can't fo sure say that I got a notification and responded to it but I don't think so. A couple of questions:

• Is it worth contacting support? I think that it is a serious problem but on the other hand hard to reproduce.
  • Any configuration or features that I should avoid? I don't want this to happen again.