Fenix 6 Sapphire with DLC Coated Bezel has scratched on day 1

I bought a Fenix 6 Sapphire two days ago, finsihed setting it up today and sat by my laptop and worked the rest of the afternoon. 

I suddenly noticed that my so-called DLC COATED BEZEL has a set of nasty scraches on?

I was under the impression that this was a watch that is more expensive than the Pro version exactly becaue of its supposed durability and scratch proof characteristics?

I feel absolutely robbed of the experience I paid for - to have an expensive, premium, mint condition watch - with durablility.

Has anyone else seen a DLC bezel scratch like this?

My opinion is that this is a prime example of a manufacturing defect and that Garmin should replace the unit.

Thoughts?

• On the right of the scratches the 12'o clock bezel depression seems form an old watche but it could be the picture. 

Did you check after taking out of the box that the bezel was prestine? 

• It looks like it's been hit with some force from the picture.... You didn't notice it?... 

• I thought I did - but currently being pressured in store by new rules and regulations under lockdown to quickly pop in with a face covering and do your business doesn’t really create favourable conditions for inspecting the goods. The unit was not sealed - I do remember that. 

• I found a pic of it fom the day I picked it up and it was in perfect condition. It doesn’t really change the fact that I paid top dollar for a rugged, premium product marketed as scratch proof/resistant watch - just to have it look like that after day one where I haven’t even logged an activity, but sat at a desk and did emails. Is this truly acceptable for this DLC bezel? Manufacturing defect? Surely it should not be easy to scratch like that - we get invited to invest in a rugged wearable and if it scratched on day one, well then tough titties said the kitten to the cat? I have looked everywhere online and I see no other DLC bezels with similar severity of markings.

• The unit was not sealed - I do remember that

Red flag!

I found a pic of it fom the day I picked it up and it was in perfect condition.
    day one where I haven’t even logged an activity, but sat at a desk and did emails

You took a picture of your watch the day you bought it?  Why didn't you post that picture as well?  Are you certain since you purchased an open box that you didn't get one that was returned with a scratch on it?  Or maybe you whacked it up against something that caused the scratch?  The scratch just magically appeared as you sat at a desk doing emails?  Something's missing from this story.

but currently being pressured in store by new rules and regulations under lockdown to quickly pop in with a face covering and do your business

I understand why businesses are doing this, but at the end of the day, you're the customer and it was your choice to make a purchase under these conditions. 

• It doesn't seems like a new product. 

Same picture of mine after one year. Look the difference 

• Welcome to Garmin marketing.

You are the happy winner of a non-winning lottery.

Take a look here on the forum and you will see that many users complain about the quality of the products and especially the false marketing of the company.
    Of course, 100 users will show up to tell you that it's actually "normal" to scratch even if you shouldn't, and that Garmin "didn't say anywhere" that it can't be scratched and that it's only scratch resistant, etc.
    Cheap trick.
    The reality is that they are very expensive products that are not worth the money.

• ***, I have mine 1 year and 2 months and no single scracth. Like brand new. And I'm removing it only for charging. What the hell?

• I got this watch for quite a good deal, usually they go for R15,000 here and one was online on Google Shopping Ads for R11,999. Ther were other businesses with similar specials for new years - other option was a 6 pro. Paid for the first one spphire online, went to pick it up myself - the seller was Cycle Lab, biggest and well trusted bike chain in SA. Anyway - the box’s seals were broken so it had been open. I checked the watch and we turned it on - saw nothing weird but anyone who has seen this wach know this bezel looks 10 different ways in different light. I can pretty much assume tha this watch was scratched in store/inventory - nd that the bezel was polished when I saw it. I also now managed to polish it so the marks temporarily become less to not visible at all. I have a few pics on my phone I took of it from buying to seeing the marks and it does seem like as the polish fades the marks show up. Any other explanation is impossible as I could not do that damage in an afternoon against a wooden desk. So, I again assume it was some freak accident and I’m hopeful the DLC still hold up like yours do and that this mark currently on it will remain the only one....