Fenix 6 Series - 12.77 Public Beta

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

12.77 Change Log Notes:

• Added support for sport specific power zones. One can now setup their power zones for XC Ski separately from that of Cycling. (Menu > User Profile > Power Zones)
  • Added support for displaying metrics from an indoor rowing machine that supports the ANT FE-C profile (e.g. Concept 2 with the PM5 module). This includes new fields for the Indoor
  • Rowing app: Distance, Pace, Power, and Stroke Distance.
  • Added support for an updated software update flow for ANT sensors, where the user will be prompted once they have completed the activity.
  • Added support for descriptive Varia error messages.
  • Fixed an issue with Sail Race tack assist. (MARQ Captain and Quatix 6 only.)
  • Fixed an issue where the device could crash when connected to a HRM Pro with an active Livetrack session and accessing Ski activity profiles.
  • Fixed an issue where certain CIQ elements could not be uninstalled via Express.
  • Fixed an issue where the Applied Ballistics app could not be launched through the controls menu while running another app. (tactix Delta AB only).
  • Fixed an issue where the device may fail to load a considerably long activity through the history menu.
  • Fixed an issue with setting up elevation alerts at higher elevations.
  • Fixed an issue in the paring flow where the device could return to the "Pair with Phone?" page instead of moving forward.
  • Fixed an issue where customers with high resting heart rate would intermittently not accrue intensity minutes.
  • Fixed an issue where the device was not recording position data when racing against a downloaded course.
  • Improved the reliability of ephemeris downloads.
  • Improved the presentation of information for alarms and timers.
  • Improved the scaling of lines when zooming in/out on the map.
  • Made several code improvements for Sleep.
  • Made several code improvements for Indoor Climb.
  • Made several code improvements for daily suggested workouts.
  • Made several improvements for Livetrack.
  • Updated the Applied Ballistics bullet database to version 1215 (tactix Delta AB only).
  • Resolved an issue impacting updates to features like VO2 max and Training Status.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 5.00
Sensor Hub: 8.00
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models): 6.11
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• I am using HRM RUN...Thats why I mention "disconnections"...

• I am using HRM RUN...Thats why I mention "disconnections"...

When was the last time you washed it?  When was the last time you replaced the battery?

• brand new hrm brand new battery. replaced battery anyway with new...

• Since 12.77 I am getting the worst sleep data since introducing sleep widget and Firstbeat metrics. And it wouldn't bother me that much if it wouldn't effect my Body Battery, a stat that has been quite realistic and which I therefor really really like. 

I always got around 50-100 minutes of deep sleep and 2-4h of REM sleep when sleeping long and good, not having to wake up early. The last days since 12.77 I slept really good, I am having a good wake up, not feeling tired etc. I am fit the whole day, I really feel well and well-rested. Still I only get 20-40 minutes of deep sleep and 1-2h of REM sleep when sleeping 7-9h. That is ridiculous. With those stats I would have to feel so tired the whole day and moody and definitely not well-rested. I always only get around 40-60 on Body Battery in the morning, normally when feeling this well and sleeping this good it is 80-100. 

There have for sure been some really worth/bad "improvements" done to the sleep algorithm with this version. "Improvements", laughable.

I don't get Garmin, I really don't. They really do something good and then develop it to something bad. One version I get bad battery life, next it is back to good and normal. One version I have very good sleep algorithms, next they develop it "backwards". WTF! 

At least battery life is back to normal, just a question till what version it lasts.... 

• Sorry to say, but learn to live with it. Garmin in a nutshield, fix one problem, make two new. And don’t bother to email them, they don’t answer anyway. My watch always reset my rest heart rate to 30, no mather what i try. Stress will not register after a workout with external HR monitor, take at least a hour before it start register stress. Have sent them email several times with picktures, they don’t answer. 

• And don’t bother to email them, they don’t answer anyway.

They simply don’t have time to reply to every email. They used to add in the notes on the beta threads that, whilst they read every email sent in, they only respond if they need more info to follow up (which some of us are familiar with). So don’t take it personally if they don’t respond, it doesn’t mean your report has disappeared in to a black hole.

• I have same bug with resting heart rate. In my case it reset to 53 after each sync with Garmin Connect, even if i select "Use average" on the watch 

• Another bug, if i change a setting in "user parameters" (like my weight or HR zones) on Garmin Connect mobile app, when I press back on the phone and sync the watch, Move IQ auto-disable on the watch. I have to reactivate it each time (and i have to press start button twice on the watch to toggle on Move IQ, on first press nothing change)

• Oh that could be explain why Move IQ keep disabling so often on my watch, in this case this is an old bug ;)

• I reported that to Garmin couple of months ago. Fix seems to take quite a long time.