12.20 update? - Vo2 Max not updating, performance condition has disappeared and erratic HR

Hi, I'm hoping someone can relate to this...

Since 23rd October (perhaps coinciding with the update to 12.20?) I've noticed that Vo2 Max readings aren't updating on my Fenix6 Pro.

I've run 3 times this week and on each occasion I've noticed that no performance condition indicator has appeared after 6 or 7 minutes as it usually does and the performance condition data field whilst running is not displaying anything. I've run at a moderate to quick pace covering heart rate zones 3, 4 and 5.

I noticed that my running heart rate zones differed to the generic heart rate zones by 1 and amended this yesterday so that they matched, just in case. Today, however, it was the same story on my run. No new Vo2 Max reading and also, no performance condition either in the data field whilst running or in Garmin Connect afterwards!

I've also noticed that my heart rate spikes considerably about 12 minutes into a run by roughly 25-30bpm with no added exertion on my part on a route I've been running for over a year! It looks like this is also impacting the training load which is still registering but the increased HR is resulting in a much higher load being added than it should do!

Just wondered whether anyone else has experienced any of these issues, has any idea how to fix them and whether this is in fact related to the 12.20 update or something else?

Thanks in advance!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to 1565514

Finaly, do you have a VO2 Max reading, it's just that if you have it, it should be from the date of the run. Do you have a performance condition record that can be seen after synchronization in the GC in the data field together with other measurements, HR, pace and etc.?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Former Member

An interesting topic in the FR245 forum about the lack of a performance condition and VO2. For me, I observe the same thing when I try to set the value of Rest HR.

• Yes, the VO2 Max reading was from the date of my run (yesterday) and yes the performance condition record could be seen after synchronisation in GC alongside the other measurements, just not displayed live whilst running on the watch which is strange. 

• I used a chest heart rate strap and performance condition and Vo2max are calculated now. However the HR readings seem off, at least 15-20 bpm higher than usual. My performance condition on the run yesterday was -10 lool. I’m sorry but Garmin really messed up with this update. 

• Hi, I have the same problem, Vo2 Max, Performance Condition, Training Status are not calculated/shown after update to 12.20. I use Webupdater to reinstall 12.20 but it's run quick, I don't think it's reinstalling. Also when I disconnect the watch it's shows 'Loading Maps' and boot, no sign of reinstalling SW. Hard reset (spent 2 freackin hours to set it all), still no result, situation still remain the same. What should i try to make it work ? Wait for next update ? :(

• I just tried again with the Web Updater, first on my Mac, then in Windows 10, multiple USB sockets. Nothing!!!, it says there is same firmware on the watch, I tell it to update it anyway. says its done it, but then the watch just ignores it and deletes it and continues with all the issues.

Im really not happy at all as these are key functions on the watch, that no longer work!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Cristu

All FR 945, 745 and 245 received an official update today, let's see if it will fix the problems?

• I have noticed the same thing. I have proof based on the fact that when I ran with strap HR on an easy run, my average bpm was 143. However same easy run, same route and same effort with just the watch, my bpm went to 145 just 15 minutes into the run and was already past 170 by the time I was finishing my run.

• For three weeks now I have not had VO2 Max, performance condition and my training status has disappeared. I reinstalled 12.20 three times already with a soft reset but the problem remains. Yesterday I sent an email to Garmin Support. I only run with the watch and there is nothing more I can do.

• I'm in the same situation as you, I try almost anything with no success. I don't bother anymore until next SW release. My concern is why at most users works and some not. Maybe Garmin should answer this, or not obviously.