HRV Test = 6

Got my HRV test using Polar H10 strap, anyone can tell me if 6 is good or not? 

I have been testing for a week (same time (wakeup) / everyday) and it varies between 6 and 20 

Interpretations? Thoughts? 

Thanks!

• The average HRV score for Elite HRV users is 59.3 (on a 1-100 scale) with 75% of users’ HRV scores falling between 46.3 and 72.0.

Histogram data of HRV scores for 24,764 Elite HRV users.

Whose data are we looking at? Starting with over 72,000 users and over a million readings in our database, we first narrowed the readings down to only short-term time-domain “morning readiness” readings. Then we removed the obviously inaccurate readings (usually generated from incompatible measurement devices). We then further reduced the population sample to Elite HRV users that have taken more than one “morning readiness” reading resulting in a conservative sample population of 24,764 people. An average HRV score was generated for each person that fulfilled this criteria and those average scores were used to develop statistical HRV results.

• And...

What is a good HRV score?

The average HRV score is about 59 for Elite HRV users. Being above or below average is interesting to know, but it does not tell you whether your score is “good” or “bad”.

(Don't know your score? Arrived from an online search? Check out our free app to check your score)

Greater Heart Rate Variability (a higher HRV score) at rest is generally indicative of better health, a younger biological age, and better aerobic fitness. However, Heart Rate Variability is affected by everything from your mindset, to air quality, to age, and exercise patterns.

Based on this, I'd say a score of 6 is pretty bad.

• How? I do have Vo2Max of 51 (train/run 5 times a week), Sleep 7-8 hours, clean food, Mostly low stress... There is something wrong here. 

• If you want more background information and how it's calculated by Garmin/Firstbeat take a look at

assets.firstbeat.com/.../Stress-and-recovery_white-paper_20145.pdf

• Hey! Calm down :-). 6 is excellent! I got 21 now and that is very good too. You measured that on F6 with H10 strap. In that case lower = better = lower stress. As You can see on color indicators after measuring... What gaijin post is IMHO values for Polar test and that test in mobile app gives me 58 to 61 and writes me that I'm in elite condition :-))

• All these data have not the same unit :

- "VO2max" is ml/mn/kg and rarely moved more than +/- 1 over time (except a strong diet!)

- "HRV" is ms (AW gives the HRV deviation in ms: probably the unit of the "ELITE" presented chart above) . The Variability of HRV is high , but the average also is rather stable +/- 2  over time

- "HRV test" or Stress level : unit is not defined seems more a ratio between recovery and training load based on HRV measurement The Variability of "Stress level" seems high +/- 5  over time

My average datas over 1 year : 50 ml/mn/kg; 50 ms; 21 [I know I am not an ELITE don't blame me...]

• You are right, I think the "HRV value" differs from "HRV test value " and some how they are proportionally inversed.

• Now I tried Polar test and I get 60 - ELITE :-)).

I don't measure that a long time, but in Polar app I was getting 57-61 all the time. In watch it was changing a lot for example 10 to 60. Maybe I'm stressed a lot :-).

EDIT: And for sure, I'm not a PRO.