Garmin HR sensors more accurate then Polar H10?

Hello,

The Polar H10 is known to be the most accurate HR sensor. What are your experiences?

I recently migrated from Polar Vantage V to Garmin 6x Pro, still using my H10 strap.

In fact it's working as good as during my Vantage times, but I recently also noticed the same problem:

So as you see, it stays down, when I reset it the device it gets more realsitic values. During my Vantage times I also noticed thet it got downs in this sense in the middle of a run.

What are your experiences / recommandations?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Lord.  Are you in for a shock with the Fenix HR sensor.  For a lot of people, it's just a random number generator.  Pay attention to your heart rate outside of activities as well.

Love the Fenix look, really dislike the current hardware!!!

• hmm, not sure how your answer relates to the question, in fact it does not have anything to do directly with the Fenix ;)

• Is the battery sufficiently fresh?

Do you moisten the strap or your chest before use, if you are not already sweating?

Your symptoms look a bit like my TickR when the battery is near exhaustion and generating nonsense half the time, but sometimes dry skin can also make for bad data.

• I have H10 too, used it with VA3, then FR645, now F6Pro and never seen problem like that. I'm using lubricant for ultrasound examination for moistening. Previous H7 gives me often too high HR if I go downhill at bike.. H10 never.

• What are your experiences / recommandations?

No issues, almost 2 years of use. If you are having same issue with 2 devices receiving the signal - something is wrong with the strap.

1. Wet the strap before use. Actually either completely soak it or put it on dry and then run soaked finger over the skin/electrodes.

2. Does this happen with new battery? Sometimes low battery can cause issues with reading. I replace mine as soon as I get low battery warning. If you are seeing this with new battery / all the time - it's not battery.

3. Maybe strap is old / or contacts are bad. If you have multi meter you can check resistance of the belt and if it is too high - you will need to replace it. Also check contacts of the pod to the strap - clean them if they are dirty or corroded.

4. Check the battery cover seal. If the cover is not sealed properly moisture/water (sweat) can get inside and short stuff making readings go bananas...

5. Does this happen with both BT and ANT+ connection? Maybe one works and other does not... Issue with chip/antennas...

Video of the multi meter measurement and other tips:

Multi meter stuff starts at 5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJ0spt9A1E