How can I change back to the previous version?

My battery is draining like hell because my Fenix 6 is constantly trying to connect via Bluetooth though there is no connection. Sleep tracker not working anymore, syncing is only working when I plug it in (bluetooth sync doesn't work with mobile).

All those problems have come up since the last version was deployed and I installed it.

Now I'd like to go back to the previous (stable) version as it seems that Garmin is taking an indefinite amount of time to either rollback their changes or fix them.

How can I change back to a previous version? I couldn't find anything in here about it.

Thanks! 

Top Replies

All Replies

• How can I change back to a previous version? I couldn't find anything in here about it.

The official answer from the support is: It is not possible.
    The only method offered is to use the Garmin Express to update. (if any)

The "official forum" answer is "it's possible", but not entirely.

Depending on your watch version & type and options you can use the last Beta Release (of course, take care of APAC limitations if exist and follow Installation Instructions).

From that archive, you can go to the folder System_Backdate_vxxyy.

There you will find the image for the old system.

But...
    If you want to go back to the previous version of ANT_BLE_BT or GPS or SensorHub you must get them from where you can. (you could ask here and maybe somebody has them)

I'm not a deep tester or connoisseur in Garmin issues... so take what you need and consider what is good for you from the info below.

From what I understood until now from your post I see that you can solve your problem if you will try the first update(actually is a downgrade) with the old version for SensorHub and if it's no working for you, could try also the second step with an update(downgrade) for ANT_BLE_BT.

Keep in mind that after those operations when you will connect your watch to the Garmin Express the last update will be pushed to your device.

After all, this is what it is ... simple like a walk in the park

• you can use the last Beta Release

It's everything there but without links, because I don't know your watch model & version.

https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/236045/fenix-6-series---11-10-public-release-candidate

Download the corresponding archive file, unzip and then you can go to the folder System_Backdate_v.

Installation Instructions

1. Download and unzip Fenix6_***Beta.zip
    2. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, drop the gupdate.gcd file found in the System_Backdate_v*** folder in the \GARMIN directory

NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
    3. For backup and restore Information and settings from your watch, follow this link:
      https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=AXV7LuWgc73v21nq6nbDa6

For the sensor hub and for ANT_BLE_BT needed for your version, you could ask for an archive on the forum.

• Beware once you revert to and older release you cant plug it back into GE or sync using WiFi as it will automatically update again.

So you can charge using any USB plug or while PC is off.

After booting PC do not run GE.

Start task manager and find a task called ??express??? and stop it.

Plug watch into USB and bring up windows explorer

Go to the Fenix Activity directory and copy off all new activities

Disconnect watch from PC

start GE to start GC or go directly to GC.

Import activities directly

And all will be fine.

I have turned auto update off on the watch but it didnt seem to make any difference

If you accidently forget the above you will have to downgrade again