I can't add training plans to the watch

Regards. I have a Fenix ​​6s pro and have tried to start a new training plan.

I am an expert garmin user because I have had two forerunners before and have never had any problem
sending training plans to the watch.

The problem is that, after creating the plan on the website
(one of the triathlon ones that are already predefined),
I connect the clock to the computer, and although new elements appear to synchronize,
on the clock, the calendar appears empty.

I have tried to create a training manually, and in that case it does appear on the clock calendar.

I don't know what could be happening. I have tried to do a hard reset but the same thing keeps happening.

Thank you very much
  • Where are you looking? On my F6 Pro Sapphire the Calendar widget only shows me any events for the current day. To see the full training calendar I had to go to an activity, go to the settings for the activity,  Training, then scroll up to see the Training Calendar.

If that’s what you also have to do (and others?) then I’d suggest it’s not ideal and GARMIN should be approached to change the behavior of the Calendar Widget so that details of future workouts can be seen there rather than just the current day.

• I do not go to the widget, but, as you say, I go to the activity and from there, in options, the calendar appears, but when I select it, I get the message that I must download it from garmin connect. It's very strange. I do not know what to do. It had never happened to me with any garmin watch, and I have been doing this for years

• Do you have the Garmin Coach widget installed?

• I had the same issue. You have to pair again the watch. Delete devices from Bluetooth menu and in garmin connect app and pair again. It will work after. Reply confirming that it worked for you please. 

• I have the exact same issue, unpaired the watch & deleted it from the iPhone Bluetooth devices, repaired via the Garmin app but training plan workouts still don’t upload to the watch. When I first set the plan up uploads worked fine but 6 weeks into the plan & workouts now refuse to transfer. I’ve also tried syncing via the cable & Garmin express windows route but without success.

• Do you have a lot of workouts you've loaded onto your watch? This could be the problem since the watch has a limit to the number of workouts that can be stored on it at one time (it's a lot lower than you would think since it's based on older devices with much less memory). If you have a lot of workouts that you manually sent to the watch, not via the calendar, try deleting some and see if that fixes things. Workouts sent via the calendar should clean themselves up automatically as needed for space but those sent manually stay until you delete them.

• Thanks for the reply, I’ve only ever done the workouts from the 10k coach & never done any manually created ones. As things are at present I can no longer continue with the coaches plan which is really disappointing!!

• Thanks for your reply, I’ve never done any manually created workouts, only the 10k coach generated ones. I’ve had to stop the plan which is really disappointing. I’ve reinstalled the app which didn’t help but haven’t done a factory reset on the watch which is a a bit of a pain iirc. 

• Sounds like it's probably not too many workouts then, though by default it does include a fair number of workouts (some strength, yoga, etc). If you don't use these it might be worth connecting your watch to a PC or Mac and deleting some of these from the workouts folder. Maybe that'll get things working without doing a factory reset.

• Deleted all .fit files from the workout & scheduled folder, re synced the watch, today & tomorrow’s workouts have now appeared as they should!

Hopefully this has cured my problem, thanks for your helpThumbsup