This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Should I wait for fenix 7 or go with 6? Thx

Should I wait for fenix 7 or go with 6? Thx When it usually the new watch come out? 

• Garmin doesn't really follow a pattern on their hardware releases like some companies do so no one can say for certain when a new watch will come out. If the Fenix 6 has the features you want and you're willing to spend the money I'd say go for it. If there's something missing that you think might be added in the next watch then wait but you might be waiting a while.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

go for the 6

you ony live once

and you get used to how the numbers relate to your wellbeing

happy & safe sporting

• You could always wait for the 8 or the 9?

Seriously, the 6 is a great device (I have the 6 Pro). If you have the money get one now and enjoy it. You can sell and upgrade later if the next generation is worth it.

• I upgraded from the 5x+ to the 6xPro Solar.  They just expanded their solar line so that indicates they may stick on the 6 platform for a bit.  It's an incredible watch.  I don't have any features I would like to see enhanced except a touch better GPS accuracy but a new chipset will be a while.  I would by now if budget permits.

• If you have decided to get one of them, go for the 6. Regardless of what you buy you will be enrolled in the Garmin «beta program», and when the 6 start to get better ( Not100% yet) with the 7 you will start at scratch with all that irritation that causes. Not a try to be funny from my side, only based on my personal experience with many Garmin products over the years. Just for you with good memories, the first launch of the Fenix 6 came without support for OHR at all, so the first users did not have any heart rate before a fix came ( Not long) but anyway, what company does things like this. 

• Wait for 7 and buy 6. When 7 comes out - 6 will (should) be out of beta testing and have somewhat stable software.

And 6 will be cheaper when 7 comes out.

• I own a Fenix 5+ and I am very happy with it, especially with the GPS-accuracy for running in dense woods (my main activity). As this is an important factor for me, I decided to skip the 6, although I like the larger display. If you do mostly cycling or running with a good view to the sky, the F6 should be fine for you.

• Hmm, I bought at launch and OHR was never an issue

• I had a F3HR, upgraded to a F5X, then dumped that for a F6XS. I am superbly pleased with the F6XS and I am very glad that I upgraded. The F6 is a quantum leap ahead of the 3 or 5, both of which were great devices, but not in the same league as the 6. Go ahead, IbrahimRT: treat yourself and get the 6!  You will be glad you did. 

• I had a F3HR for 2 years, then upgraded briefly to a F5X, then dumped that for a F6XS. The 6 in light years ahead of either of the older watches. Go ahead, treat yourself and enjoy the features of the 6 series. You will be glad you did.