Fenix 6 Series - 9.97 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

We have new software available for your upcoming adventures!

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

9.97 Change Log Notes:

• Added support for Altitude Acclimation widget. (Menu > Widgets > Edit > Add > Alt. Acclimation)
  • Improved Broadcast Heart Rate and added support for simultaneously broadcasting through ANT+ and Bluetooth.
  • Surf: Updated the data field defaults to include GPS.
  • Surf: Updated the start flow to try and acquire a GPS fix before starting a Surf activity.
  • Surf: Added support for a wave summary page to activity summary. (Last Surf widget > Start > Waves)
  • Updated the user interface for Stress and Calories widgets.
  • Fixed an issue where wrist heart rate was not being turned off when starting an Expedition activity.
  • Made improvements for golf. (We've discovered a bug when viewing the scorecard of the last round that was saved. Please avoid looking at the previous scorecard until you have saved a new round after updating to 9.97)

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Sensor Hub: 7.11
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models)5.04 
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

•  and @ with Sensor Hub 5.06 I had a good balance from battery saving and WHR outside activity. I finally succeeded to reach over 140/150 bpm like never before. The reaction was slower that during activity to reach the right value but was spot on waiting this time and I think it is a good comprimize.

With 5.07 was not the same and I did not tested with latest betas with 7.11. Finger crossed Slight smile

I disassembled indor bike traner but when I will can I will do some test doing simple exercise to check now what is happening with 7.11

@ if you want to help them you can try a simple test, withou open or start any activity go in the WHR widget and run like if you are losing the train, or the bus, or the girlfriend Slight smile If you reach high values it is ok in my opinion, if you can do it the best way is to compare this with another device (you have the 495) with a HR strap connected only to this one. 

I have some problems to do test in this weeks so will be really appreciated if you can do it!

• Hi,

for activities I always use a strap.

24x7 is crap. I sit actually in the home office. WHR say 83 BPM since minutes, real is 48 BPM. Simply measured with a clock and counting beats.

My F5plus was pretty fast in reaction and always very accurate. The F6 pro solar is a random number generator. I am really piss...  off about the not working watch. I miss my F5 plus.

• In both those cases I too see an extended 'Loading maps' time but only then and only takes a minute or two. I'm not sure that I'd expect it to be any different.

Now, if it always took a long time to load maps even after a soft reset (Power off/ Power on) then I'd be grumpy.

Soft reset in my book is making the watch to reboot by simply hold down the power button labelled Light for 20 seconds.

Turning Off and Off is another soft reset but perhaps it it the same effect as holding the button ? ;)

After installation of a Beta Update or any update, there is certainly some kind of Soft Reset due to the Reboot from the Fenix.
    Anyway the "Loading Maps" screen seems to take a lot of time... much longer than before.
    As my main stopwatch is the Fenix..... I have not measure it yet, but I will for the next update. Slight smile

• It is such a shame that Garmin is completely ignoring repeated requests to give users more control over how sensitive WHR is to HR changes outside of an activity.....

• Totally. I was smirking at the random number generator bit for a while but it is actually an accurate description. 

appreciate the work you guys are doing BUT please! leave the Dog Tracker on the side and fix WHR outside of activities.

• Just noticed that Solar intensity is now viewable on GC Mobile! 

• After each SW - beta or official - update, I do a hard-reset(at least this is how i call it) by long pressing the power button until is switching OFF completely. (no matter that the watch performs automatically a reset during the installation process)

On the update from 9.95 to 9.96, the loading maps screen after the hard-reset took around 40 minutes to disappear. 

I had a strange feeling when i did, today, update from 9.96 to 9.97. To my surprise the loading maps screen now only took around 3 minutes(which is anyway huge compared to weeks before the maps issues occurring - it was around 20-30 seconds) to disappear

It might be that it is somehow random, as I do not think there was some correction done to fix the loading maps issue. 

• Just noticed some further differences in how Physio Trueup works on the 6XPS and the Edge 1030 Plus.

Last 7 days load: 768 (F6XPS) vs 775 (E1030+)

This is the case deslute Load Focus figures being identical across Anaerobic, Low Aerobic and High Aerobic

Finally, Training Status is Productive on the E1030+ vs Maintaining on the 6XPS 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to EyessOnlyy

hi,

I have almost the same procedure as you have after firmware upgrade

the map delay is extensively discussed in other threads (could also be in the fr945 forum)

removed all golf related files, dem1, sub1, sub2, sub3

watches startup time is now back as previous

happy & safe sporting