Fenix 6 Series - 9.92 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

UPDATE 6/4/20: We are currently investigating reports from beta testers regarding phone connection problems, or disconnects from sensors/headphones. We believe this was introduced in our 6.03 ANT/BLE software update for the Fenix 6/s/x Pro models. For those of you experiencing this issue, you can backdate to the previous ANT/BLE version 5.04 with the file in the attached folder. Unzip the file and place the GUP3293.GCD file in the Garmin\RemoteSW folder of your device. This issue only affects the Pro models.

ANT-BLE Backdate 5.04.zip

We have new software available for your upcoming adventures!

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

9.92 Change Log Notes:

• Added on-device sleep calculation (via added Sleep widget* (Menu > Widgets > Edit > +Add > Sleep). Requires Sensor Hub 7.04
  • Updated the UI for performance, Heart Rate, Training Status, Intensity minutes and Floors Climbed widgets. These are only minor visual changes
  • Fixed an issue with Powerbeats Pro audio control.
  • Fixed an issue where alarm labels were not being translated.

*On-device sleep calculations have now been added.  This information can only be viewed via the Sleep widget. Please follow included instructions above to add the widget. On-device sleep calculations can be viewed in Garmin Connect Mobile and Garmin Connect Web when using beta software 9.92 and above.  A few notes concerning on-device sleep and how it is viewed in GCM and GC-Web:

• The sleep cycle doughnut around the total hours of sleep in GC-Web does not currently match GCM or your watch.

• When looking at your sleep data in GCM or GC-Web, if REM sleep shows --, and your total sleep time does not match your watch, this means the old sleep data calculations are being shown.  It's an indication on device sleep has not yet been uploaded.  Please be patient and allow the data to upload.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.40
Sensor Hub: 7.04* (required for new Sleep tracking)
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models)6.03
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• I have found a weird issue after updating to this beta. Last year, I created a CIQ datafield and haven't touched it since then. It has been working fine with all firmware versions so far, on my FR945 and in the simulator too.

With this beta, when I go to an activity screen where the datafield is assigned or want to add it to an activity screen it freezes the watch. It happens all the time, there is no error log either in the GARMIN/Debug or in the GARMIN root folder.

I also tried to download the latest SDK and built a new version, but the symptom is the same: any time the datafield is either selected to add to a screen, or just go to a screen where it was already added the watch freezes completely. Only a hard reboot helps by long pressing the Light button until it turns off.

The only way I can remove it from an existing screen is uninstalling on GC Mobile and re-sync.

I don't know if the issue is with my watch or the firmware so if anyone is willing to try it I would appreciate it.

I will share the link to the datafield if there is a volunteer Slight smile

Thank you!

• New sleep detection is spot on. Great update

I was up for a couple of hours in bed tonight and the data aligns perfectly with the times I wasn’t sleeping. 

I've used it for 3 nights now, and it's definitely working very well for me so for. Previously, my awake time was usually accurate but my asleep time was usually much earlier than reality, because it would think I was already asleep when I was actually messing with my phone or reading for a while. It seems to do a much better job detecting when I've actually fallen asleep. I remember falling asleep last night about 10 minutes after sending a text, and checking the timestamp on my text this morning and the time my watch says I fell asleep, they line up perfectly. The other 2 nights I've tried it have been equally accurate. Very, very happy with this update - not only for the apparently improved sleep tracking, but also the fact that you can see it on the watch now - which was always one of the biggest features I wanted.

In fact, it's even better than what I was asking for - all I wanted was for the watch to display the sleep data from Connect after I sync the watch, I didn't even think on-device sleep calculation was possible, so I'm definitely impressed they pulled this off. Seems like the watch does a better job of calculating sleep than their Connect servers did.

• Did anybody notice tardy behavior of the watch, especially reacting not immediately when pressing a button in specific situations (not always)? I also installed three new OSM maps right after the beta update, maybe the issue is caused by the new maps.

• I have the Sapphire Fenix 6. Which update have I got do download, the Pro or the 6sPro? Thanks for your help

• same here, I’m still on 9.0

sended email to support, no answer jet

• Are you using a stock watch face, as I've found some CIQ one's are swines for this. I'm not seeing this, but I only have one extra map on mine (Topo Light UK)

• Did anybody notice tardy behavior of the watch, especially reacting not immediately when pressing a button in specific situations (not always)? I also installed three new OSM maps right after the beta update, maybe the issue is caused by the new maps.

If the button responsiveness lag is primarily during activities, then it may be related to your maps. Try turning off the new maps and see if that helps.

As others mentioned, CIQ watchfaces also tend to cause that, and that's one reason why I quit using them.

• Thanks for the test Slight smile

Could you check if you have app "Phone" activated in app notification settings on GC Mobile? 

Activating "Phone" app for notification into Garmin Connect Mobile the incoming notification appear without message button. (settings->notifications->App notifications).

If yes what happens if you deactivate?

I deactivated it but the problem is that now I do not have the missed call notification!

What's about missed call notification in general? Could you answer using a text? 

And if you click start, and click Message like this:

You can chose a quick message directly from the watch like incoming calls?