Nick Mankey strap finally arrived

Looks good and very comfortable. Took 8 weeks to arrive here in the UK after order, patience is a virtue in these times...

• 24/7 for me too. I sweat a lot, it gets a smell, but just a rinse with body soap gets it out when i shower. 

I too have to fiddle with it, but it's mostly because some times i have it too tight (and i feel sweat under watch an or strap) or too lose .

Overall, super satisfied. It stays where i put it.. but then again, my wrist has a watch imprint in it lol

• Took 8 weeks to arrive here in the UK after order, patience is a virtue in these times...

My straps finally arrived yesterday - 4 days short of 6 months since I ordered them.

Anyway...

While waiting, I let my imagination run wild and thought about how I could best use these straps.  As I've grown quite fond of the QuickFit system on my Garmin watches, I thought about how - even if it were infrequently - I could adapt the Nick Mankey straps to a QuickFit system so I would not have to hassle with the springbars every time I wanted to change straps.

In hindsight, I guess my approach is kind of a "spare no expense" approach that would not have broad appeal, but I like the solution I came up with so much I thought I would share it anyway.

To avoid the springbars, I needed an adapter that would attach to the springbars with the Garmin QickFit system, but act as a mounting point for the Nick Mankey straps. It occurred to me that if I sacrificed a QuickFit 26 Tactical Black Band from the tactix Delta Solar (Link:Tactical Black Nylon Strap) it might just work.

So, I cut the black nylon off the tactix Delta strap and attached the Nick Mankey strap to the QuickFit 26 adapters:

It really works very well.  I can still remove the watch from my wrist and put it back on without having to undo the strap, and when I want to change to a different style strap, it's just as easy as going from one QuickFit strap to any other QuickFit strap.

If anyone else is as silly as I was and wants to do this, I would recommend ordering your Nick Mankey strap about 1/2" shorter than usual to accommodate the added length of the adapters - my strap works well as far as length goes, but it could be shorter.

And for anyone who is still wondering, yes, these straps are very comfortable.

HTH

•  This is such a great idea ! The best of both word ! Also the great thing about those straps is how light they are. :-)

• That's a cool adapter system you put together there, looks great!

Did they send you a shipping notification of any sort, or did it just randomly show up at your door? I haven't heard anything about mine, and if it weren't for this thread popping up every now and then, I'd have forgotten by now that I even ordered it haha. This is the longest I've ever had to wait for anything I've ever ordered, but I guess I can't be too upset since I knew it would be a few months before I ordered it, and I also knew Covid would make it take even longer.

• Still waiting for mine, ordered on the 25th May, shipped on the 22nd July. I’ve been tracking it and so far it’s taken longer to get to me in the UK Midlands from Heathrow than it took to get from California to London. AND today I had a card through the door telling me I have a £14.44 customs charge to pay before they’ll deliver it!

• Did they send you a shipping notification of any sort, or did it just randomly show up at your door? I haven't heard anything about mine, and if it weren't for this thread popping up every now and then, I'd have forgotten by now that I even ordered it haha. This is the longest I've ever had to wait for anything I've ever ordered, but I guess I can't be too upset since I knew it would be a few months before I ordered it, and I also knew Covid would make it take even longer.

I hade been sending Nick regular e-mails requesting status of my order.  In response to my latest e-mail, he responded that the straps had been shipped.  I don't know whether a separate shipping notification would have been sent absent my pestering e-mails.

Why not just send Nick an e-mail and ask about your order?  Couldn't hurt.

HTH

• Mine took ages to arrive, but I finally got them, and I am very happy with them. Ontario, Canada.

• Well after quite a while waiting for it to be made, then watching it travel across the whole USA and Atlantic quicker than it made it up the M1 (in the UK), and after paying an additional £14.50 to the lovely customs people it arrived today and I'm very pleased. It is incredible comfortable. I left the stock pins on the watch so I can change between this and the stock strap for muddy water based activities.