[POLL] OHR plausibility when not exercising

There have been many posts and many reports of innaccurate HR readings from the wrist optical sensor throughout forums of the newer line of devices, however they are not all related to the same issue. Some claim their readings are off in certain activities (such as Hiking), some say their readings are always off, and some only refer to their HR readings throughout the day when working/reading/watching televison or doing house chorse.

I'd like to keep this thread only to HR readings while doing anything that you wouldn't start an activity for - the everyday life. I've created the following poll for this to try and collect what members of this forum feel about their HR sensor in that regard:

• I honestly don't know. For me 100 is very high for any kind of walking. How about wearing an HR strap if you have one and checking the HR widget while you walk?

• my OHR reading stays stuck between 80-90 bpm even when my HR is clearly 120+
    real. pulse 130-150, fenix 6X shows still 90-105bmp

I had the same issue (Real 160, WHR 80) but with the latest beta seems to be solved. Today I tested with 8.78 with sensor hub 5.06. I will test 8.78 + 5.07 soon.

I tested only up to 140/145 but because in the past the result was really bad I am sure that now is very very better. 

Probably you have the 8.10. Had you received sensor hub 5.06 recently? Had you already tested it? 

•      

My OHR doesn't always show me values I don't trust: 54-63bpm sounds quite plausible while sitting down at the computer. But well, turns out that's 20-30% more than the actual HR.

My question to you guys who answered they don't or hardly see values that make them question their OHR reading - what makes you so confident your OHR is accurate?

• How do you measure both parallel ? Is there a app. I will try it out.

I think the same and observe the same as you with my F6x Solar. Come from F5 plus two weeks ago and all HR readings while working or resting are estimated about 10 - 30 beats to high. My resting HR went upo from 43 to 48 to 50. Really crap in my eye.

While running I use a HRM Run., There are no changes to the F5 plus

Regards Richard

• I think that datafield is used only with activities, right? And this poll was about OHR when there is no activity ongoing meaning you are in watch mode or in other words 24/7 mode.

• The poll was about OHR outside of an activity in the sense that you're not exercising. I still have not found any difference in the way the OHR behaves whether I'm in watch mode, inside an activity profile with or without recording in regards to low HR scenarios like everyday life/walking.

In any case, I have shown the same thing with videos here, it's just easier to make a screenshot of that data field.

• My question to you guys who answered they don't or hardly see values that make them question their OHR reading - what makes you so confident your OHR is accurate?

Are you trying to persuade the direction of votes?  Why didn't you ask those who said most of the time the values don't make sense or the values don't have anything to do with perceived HR what makes them so confident they're wearing their watch correctly and the oHRM is inaccurate? 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    1. My fenix 6x perfect OHR
  • I can't watch your vids.  It says they're private. 

• I did not try to tip the poll in any direction - I just think it's much easier to spot when something is wrong than when it's right in the case where wrong values are drastically wrong, and most complaints I saw on the forums are about ludicrously unplausible numbers (for example ~100 while idling on the couch) - you don't need a test to know that's way off.

Furthermore, most people who complained about their OHR usually showed some kind of test or some kind of comparison, whereas I haven't seen a single post about OHR working great (not during exercise) and base it on anything other than their sheer feeling.

But you have a valid point so let's extend the question to everyone and perhaps those who voted as you mentioned can post their tests or "proof" here.

I'm waiting for a few people on the "everything is perfect" side to pick up the glove and run an extensive test like the one I did here.