**Update Pulled** Fenix 6 Series - 8.76 Beta Release

Hello Fenix 6 customers,

We apologize for the amount of issues you faced over the weekend. We have since removed 8.76 and have replaced every link below with 8.75 if you wish to backdate to the previous beta (or public release).

The latest Fenix 6 beta software is now available for your upcoming adventures!

Please ensure that you are downloading the correct beta software for your specific device.

Fenix 6s: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15166
Fenix 6s Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15164
Fenix 6: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15162
Fenix 6 Pro: 
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15160
Fenix 6x Pro: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=15168

Instructions for installation are available below the change log on each of the above pages.

8.76 Change Log Notes:

• Added support for Grit and Flow metrics to cycling profiles.
  • Improved optical heart rate during hiking activities. (Requires 5.07 Sensor Hub)
  • Made several improvements to Indoor Climb.
  • Updated the UX layouts for steps, floors, stress, intensity minutes and pulse ox widgets.
  • Updated performance, training status, body battery, respiration and calories to use the new page indicators.
  • Made several other bug fixes and code improvements.

Current beta peripheral software version numbers below. New versions are indicated in red.

GPS: 4.30
Sensor Hub: 5.07
ANT/BLE/BT (Pro models)5.04
ANT/BLE (non-Pro models): 2.11
Wi-Fi (Pro models only): 2.60

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the Fenix 6 Series you have in the subject line.

• I can also confirm that the OX widget doesn't trigger a manual measurement. Also when i pressed the weather widget the watch rebooted. 

• Some findings or comments from my side:

• Weather widget: i like it. Would be nice to see more days into the future by pressing right top.
    • Sunrise/set widget: I like it too, much more logical to turn this into a 360 view.
    • ABC; for the barometer you can select the amount of hours. For the height, you cannot. It would be nice to have that same choice.
    • ABC: when clicking right top butting, options are in english, not in my setting of dutch language. > BUG
    • Step counter: I see pulseOX under the settings in the widget. Is that meant to be there? Not very logical I'd think?
    • The fact that in some widgets you can change settings by clicking right top and others by pressing left middle button is not consistent.
    • PulseOX no longer automatically starts upon opening widget. Automatically, or a right to click action could be nice.
    • Last activity: after loading an activity and clicking right top button, language is english, not in the set language.
    • Body battery; did not notice any new changes. Again, it would be nice to be able to set the graph timeframe (for ex to 24 hours)

These are my first observations. I will post more as a I discover more.

Thanks for the quick releases of new and improved features Garmin Devs!

• Quick question, when the public release is available, do I update as usual from Beta to Public?

Yes, if the production release version is a higher number than the current beta installed, then Express/GCM will transfer the production software to your watch.

• Thanks.  One more.  I am unable to get a map update to install.  There are two steps, prep and install.  From what I remember the prep of device takes a minute, then the transfer and install takes much longer.  On my attempt, it is stuck in step one, for preparing device for over an hour and all I see is the spinning circle.  The window actually says that this should take a minute but I never move on the step 2.  Is this common when working from Beta or is this a new issue?

• Is Garmin pay working for anyone? I tried to use it today (for the first time) and it won't let me select my wallet from the controls menu or the hot key I had setup.

• I’m seeing same Training Status issue as reported, fortunately the data appears to be correct in GCM so probably just a display problem on the watch.

Not seeing the same with Pulse Ox despite testing. Interesting to see the display Pulse OX - 10 MIN AGO shifting left and right when looking at the widget glance. WOnder it that was/is an attempt at scrolling? Other than that Pulse Ox seems to be fine on mine.

• I get this sometimes if the connection is poor to GE for some reason so not sure that it’s beta specific...but it could be specific to this beta. When this happens to me I remove the watch from GE and allow it go back to the watch face - which it usually does. I’ll then heard reset - press and hold top left until power down, allow it to restart and try again a bit later.

If that still doesn’t work then perhaps send a message to the beta team.

• I have a problem to update SW on Fenix 6X Pro. All files were transferred to watch as instruction saying, after USB cable disconnection I get a notification do I want to install update, yes, and in the middle of update watch reboot before status bar goes to the end.

After reboot SW stays at old 8.73 and after another file transfer watch do not notify about new software. I tried to downgrade to 8.10 as instruction but still no luck. 

Upgrade to 8.75 or 8.74 same story, looks like stuck on 8.73 and won't upgrade or downgrade.

Any suggestions?

• About Grit and Flow. 

Today I rode 20K using the Bike activity. Not MTB. After syncing with Garmin connect, I noticed in the graphs page that there are graphs for grit and flow. I thought that these metrics are relevant to MTB activities. Is it normal or logical to have these measurements into bike activities on paved road?

I got the same thing, I added the Grit and Flow data fields to my MTB data screens for my next off-road ride. Then rode on my road bike with my Bike activity and then got MTB Dynamics in Garmin Connect.