Total time for run workout is wrong

I did a structured run for 45 minutes this morning but the Fenix 6X reported 90 minutes! This ruins the pace and eventually my training status! It was a structured workout planned in TrainingPeaks.

A  week ago I reported three other similar workouts that all got 5 extra minutes added to the total time. This time it was 45 minutes. I have run several workouts without problems in between.

• Can you post a link to the activity in GC?

• There should be three separate times listed for your activity. The "Time" "Moving Time" and "Elapsed Time", if the Elapsed Time is showing additional time this is usually due to pausing and then resuming an activity. Your pace shouldn't be affected though as this is based off of the Time of the recorded activity and not the Elapsed Time. If you could post a link to the activities affected that would be helpful.

• I have already edited the total time of the activities. Maybe I can export the fit file from Strava. The problem, however, has nothing to do with pausing. The workout took 45 minutes from pushing the start button to stopping it but the watch and Garmin Connect are showing 1:30:04. So does TrainingPeaks.. Strava and Stryd uses the elapsed time and shows 45:04. Since the average pace was really wrong (over 12 min/km) in the watch, I guess that pace was used to calculate training effect and all the other stats that are pretty useful if the input data is correct. If the data is wrong it is totally useless.

I can paste in what I wrote in an earlier post:

timestamp                   start_time                    total_elapsed_time(s)    total_timer_time(s)
    2020-03-26 06:30:46    2020-03-26 05:45:26     2704.024                          3004.024

This is from a fit file viewer with a 45 minute workout that got 5 minutes added to it.

• https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4726712886

It seems like editing the workout in GC did not change the fit file. Total time is twice the elapsed time. Timestamp and elapsed time matches and are correct.

timestamp                 start_time                   total_elapsed_time(s)     total_timer_time(s)
    2020-04-02 07:36:31  2020-04-02 06:51:11    2704.022                           5404.022
  • I have sent you a private message so we can investigate this further as there is something not being calculated correctly with your TrainingPeaks workout.

• Hi, was there any resolution to this? I am also occasionally getting an extra 5 min added on to my time as an extra lap while using training peaks and garmin forerunner.  Its happened a few times and 

• Was there any resolution to this? Im having the same problem where every once in a while (its definitely happened 4 or 5 times) when using training peaks structured workout and garmin forerunning, it adds an extra 5 min of time as an extra lap on garmin connect and when it syncs to training peaks.  But it is correct in Strava.  I wonder if it has something to do with pressing the lap button at the end to finish? Please let me know what you guys found out.

• I have not heard of any fix but now I use the stop button instead. I seems like they haven't fixed it yet then.
    I guess you had a 5 minute cool-down at the end? On my workouts, the duration of the last lap was added as an extra lap.

• Ill try using the stop.  i had completed all the cool downs and then an extra 5 min was added.  So weird cause it looks fine in strava and it doesnt happen every time. I havent noticed if its just happening on one workout, it was a tempo run today.  Maybe theres a bug in that one training peaks workout style?