very quiet signal and alarm tones and weak vibrator signal

I've had a Garmin Fenix 6x for two weeks.  With this watch the signal and alarm tones are extremely quiet.
With my earlier Garmin watches, e.g. Forerunner 305, 310XT, I am used to completely different volumes and a stronger vibrator signal. In the forest, the watch is not audible when worn normally on the wrist.
Therefore the watch is not suitable for interval training, because no start and stop signal and no 1km step signal or even the metronome is not audible.
These pip signals are much too quiet.
Even as an alarm clock I can forget my Fenix 6X.
Unfortunately I have no comparison with other Fenix 6x users, hence my question to the forum:
Are all Fenix 6x watches so quiet "normal" and can you alarm only by the relatively weak vibration signal?
Or is it a defect of my watch?
Software: 8.1, GPS: 4.1, Wifi: 2.60 CIQ: 3.1.7, BMX: 0.5.2,
WHR: 20.04.70, ANT/BLE/BT: 5.01, sensor hub: 4.20

• There are a number of comments that the 6 is quieter both volume and vibration than predecessor watches and even some theories it was tuned lower on vibrations post release due to the number of watches that the vibration unit was coming loose from the glue mount inside the watch making it rattle.  On the ironic side, once the vibrator unit breaks loose it's quite a bit louder. (from personal experience with my first watch)

• If it is abnormally weak, or loudly rattling around, we consider the vibrating mechanism defective. Please return it to the retail or online store it was purchased from to receive another new one. If that is an option, please contact Outdoor Product Support for your country and we will gladly exchange it.

• Thanks for the answer,
    I think it's like you say, but I'm afraid I now know
    not yet whether my Fenix 6X Sapphire is defective or not.
    I have made some measurements which I would like to discuss here.
    Maybe someone can measure his F6 and give me the result
    I can decide if it is defective or unfortunately still normal,
    which I can't imagine Garmin being such a bad
    product on the market, which then urgently needs to be improved.
    I think it can only be defective.

Error: (signal very quiet, vibration very weak )

in addition: measurement of the signal level of the Metronon 200 every 2nd step, signal only

without vibration

measured in the arrangement. (see picture )

Clock directly below the microphone. S8 /App / Sound measurement

TIME ALARM every 5 seconds without vibration same conditions as above only different signal

Time alarm with Garmin 310XT same setting without vibration with much better level

the signal is clearly audible.

If in addition the vibration signal is switched on, which is also stronger by classes,

it's a good alarm outside.

many thanks

• Do you personally have a problem with the alarm on your watch? If you do then contact Garmin as suggested.

I don’t have a problem with mine. I feel the alerts when swimming, running and cycling so the vibration is strong enough. 

• Please be sure to return your watch back to the retail or online store. If outside of that return period, please contact our regional Garmin Product Support so we can take care of replacing your watch for you. We buy these vibrating mechanisms by the 10's of thousands and unfortunately, a bad one will end up in a watch now and then. Statistically speaking, it is a very rare issue when you consider how many millions of Fenix watches that have been sold worldwide. My sincere apologies for the issue and inconvenience.

• Yes, the vibration is MUCH weaker than some of the other Garmin watches.  I had the FR245 and just got the 6s.  Night and day.   I went back to the store and compared vs. all of the display models.  Same deal.  Its just the extra mass of the watch.  It absorbs more of it.

• hello
    I have contacted Garmin (Germany) with
    the result, the watch cannot be repaired it must be
    can be exchanged. Because the F6X is still relatively new, it is possible
    an exchange for a new watch in its original packaging only via
    to my dealer, because Garmin only sells older
    ...revised watches, whatever that means.
    Now I have sent my watch to my dealer.
    He will then send the Fenix 6x to Garmin for testing.
    Garmin should then check if the F6X is defective at all.
    I am curious what comes out of it. To find out the fault
    I have also recorded my own
    Signal patterns sent along.
    I am curious about the result of the back and forth,
    especially how long it takes to get an F6X back.
    This is customer service hi!

• Maybe you have an actual defect.  Hey, its possible. But, I doubt it.    Trust me..  I went to two Garmin stores here in Miami, FL.  I tested and compared over 20 different watches..  and they all had the weak vibrations when compared to my other 245m.  At first I thought the same as you.. my new 6s was defective.  But its not the case.  Its just how they are.  Funny now, two weeks later I am used to it.  If you can goto a Garmin store you will see what I mean..

• Thanks for the pep talk. When the coronavirus is gone in our area near Cologne and the shops are open again, I will check if you are right hi.

• hello, my Fenix 6X was today taken back to me by Sport Scheck München after some inquiries from me, after a long time without any reaction from Sport Scheck, without comment against refund of the purchase price.

Why the F6X was not exchanged by my dealer, I can not say. According to Garmin this shouldn't be a problem, maybe no replacement could be procured. I do not know.

As soon as the shops open again I will buy a new watch from another dealer.

If possible, I will check the volume of the beeps and the strength of the vibration on another Fenix 6X Sapphire and make sure that you can hear and feel them during interval training.