Fenix 6 series Users,
We released software version 8.10 to the Fenix 6 series.
Software 8.10 Change Log
- Added support for Virtual Running. (Download the Zwift mobile app and launch the 'Virtual Run' activity profile on your Garmin device.)
- Added support for connecting to a shifting sensor (Sram Etap or Di2 bike) that supports up to 4 front and 12 rear gears.
- Added support for a 'Silent' option to the Smart notifications Sounds alert settings. (Menu > Phone > Smart Notifications > During Activity/Not During Activity > Sounds)
- Improved the user experience when call related notifications are received.
- Improved the layout on the Ski Run Data Page.
- Improved error handling when using the Garmin Pay Wallet.
- Made some improvements to the DogTracker widget.
- Made several improvements to Clock.
- Made several improvements to Breathwork.
- Made several WiFi related improvements.
- Made several improvements to the music experience.
- Fixed an issue where the watch may freeze during a Ski activity.
- Fixed a couple of altimeter calibration issues. This should address speed spikes in activities with 3d speed enabled. (For example: Ski.)
- Fixed an issue with Brazil Daylight savings time.
- Fixed an issue where the device may crash when nearing the end of a climb, when using ClimbPro
- Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm.
- Fixed an issue where certain workout names were not displaying correctly during a rest step.
- Fixed an issue where selection of an item in music lists (artist/genre) would yield a landing page for a different artist/genre.
- Fixed an issue where the device won't tone/vibe at the end of a swim rest interval.
- Fixed an issue where advanced power fields were missing from the Biking activity.
You should also receive updates to GPS software and ANT/BLE/BT:
1. GPS SW 4.10 (This update can take a second sync after updating to 8.10 in order to get pushed)
2. ANT/BLE/BT 5.01 (Fenix 6/6s non-Pro models will be updated to version 2.11)