Fenix Pro Solar headphone shut down - may be headphone specific

I have the latest software update for the watch. When using Aukey true wireless earbuds while listening to Spotify music on the watch, after about 5 minutes I get a ”power off” notice in the earphones and they shut off.  As far as I can tell, the watch is still playing the music.  The headphones are fully charged. This has been consistent behavior. When I pair the Aukey headphones with my iPad there is no problem. They work fine and play as long as I like. Conversely, when I pair a Sony headphone to the Pro Solar watch, they work fine together and do not cut off prematurely. To restate the problem, I get a “power off” notice aurally in the headphones and they shut off with the watch-Aukey combination.  Naturally, such a combination is useless when working out. Imam reluctant to buy another headphone set for workouts, if there is an underlying watch problem. The Aukey use Bluetooth 5, A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP, SBC, and AAC.

• I tried the same Spotify account in my iPad, thinking it might be some sort of code that Spotify sends. No shutdown. Headphones are Aukey EP-T10. Retuning to the watch, playing the same Spotify account, shut down “power off” after about 4 minutes. Perhaps the watch is sending data in large packets which take so long to play that the headphones think they are not receiving data. 

• I have the same issue with my Garmin Fenix 5 S and my Aukey True Wireless Earbuds- very frustrating! Not just when I use spotify but also the general music app on watch.

Emailing Aukey to see if they have heard of this issue before. Will post if I get a reply...

• Hey, same exact issue here with Aukey EP-T10’s and Garmin Venu. It’s very frustrating 

• I think I've counted 5 people with this issue.  Again, the Aukey earbuds work with the iPad and iPhone, but not the watch (Fenix 6 Solar).  The watch works with other bluetooth headphones (I've tested two different types), but the Aukey pulls its shutdown act every time (tested again yesterday).  Perhaps the watch signal is too weak.  I recall that before the most recent firmware update to 5.0, audio would break in an out constantly.  The workaround seems to be to limit workouts to 4 minutes. What most worries me, before plunking down money for a different headset, is that they, too, won't work.

• I got same issue with i connect my Aukey T10 and my garmin fenix 6x. It disconnects after a couple of minutes. I tried to connect my headphones to my Note 9 and it works perfect with no disconnection at all. I think garmin should have a software update for this considering aukey products

• Has anyone got anywhere with this? I’m having the exact same issue with the Aukey T-10s and Vivoactive 4S...

• I finally contacted Aukey support and referenced this Garmin thread by linking to it. I got a prompt reply from them. After discussion offered to send me a new one or refund my purchase price. Pretty damn nice of them. You will need your order number from Amazon. I am a little relived to hear you had the same problem with a watch other than the Solar Pro. I was afraid it was some flaw in the Solar Pro hardware (it still might be an issue, of course). Good luck!

• I have the same issue with Aukey EP-T10s when paired to my Fenix 6 Pro which makes the headphones useless for running. Did you receive a new pair, and if so are they able to stay connected to the watch for longer than 5 minutes?

• I took the refund Aukey offered and applied it to purchase some Apple Airpod Pros (latest version with the smaller case and smaller buds), which work fine with the watch. I hope Aukey can find the problem for future buyers, since the company was so decent about responding to the issue.  Again, the Aukeys worked fine with my iPhone and iPad. 

• I had Darth Vader watch at hand and it has the same problem.