Edit: we won, it’s finally added! Garmin, please add E-Bike activity type to the Fenix 6 software and let me change activity type to E-Bike ride in Garmin Connect!

Hi all,

thank you kindly for pitching in to this discussion. I am super happy to report that the feature we all needed now is implemented in the official version of the firmware, I just got the update automatically to my Fenix. I look forward to test it shortly.

thanks!

/H

Original message below:

In Europe, commuting to the train, pulling the kids in the bike-trailer type of riding on pedal-assisted bikes in regular clothing are increasingly common. For me, the hours of these rides rack upp providing active recovery, soft endurance type riding.

As a longtime road and mtb cyclist and when I gear up properly for training or racing on my regular bikes I use a Garmin Edge 530 to display and record all the metrics from power meters etc, strangely enough on that device Garmin gives me the option to record an e-bike activity. 

For me it would be really impractical to have to fit and bring my Edge 530 for the pedal-assisted rides in regular clothing mentioned above, especially when I have a Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire on my wrist. Today I have to record those pedal-assisted rides as a regular bike ride on my Fenix, putting incorrect data into Garmin Connect. Further, I am not allowed to change the activity type to an E-Bike ride (edited) even on Garmin Connect? Then I have to (and can on that platform) manually change it to an e-bike ride on Strava.

Garmin, please add the e-bike activity type you already have available on the edge devices to the Fenix 6 software. Please also add the option of changing activity type to an E-Bike ride (edited) after the fact in Garmin Connect. Thank you!