This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6 Saphire will not sync with Garmin connect

After the last update to Garmin connect on iOS my Fenix 6 will not sync.  I have to cycle the bluetooth on the phone just to get the watch to show connected and then it has been a losing battle to get the information to actually sync (which it now won't do at all). Id hoped my upgrade from an iPhone X to the iPhone 11 would fix the issue but no change.  Ive had Garmin watches for a long time and realize software issues are part of the game but this is getting ridiculous. On a $1000 watch the most basic functions are now not guaranteed to work.  Very frustrating. 

• Yes, if you open file explorer.  Otherwise don't worry about that.  Just open Garmin Express and wait a long time.  It'll show up.

• I tried updating the iOS-app but still won’t sync. 

• Same for me, no more synch thru iPhone since my marathon on Sunday -> large file

• Unfortunately not going to help at all but everything is still syncing fine for me (both ways). I must be just lucky.

• I'm still having issues each day. My 935 would seamlessly sync on command or within minutes of finishing an activity. With my 6, I have to force it each time (occasionally it does auto sync), but most of the time I have to toggle bluetooth on/off on my phone to help force the sync. But it's pretty normal to have the watch connected in GC, but no sync (and all the data is not current).

• Same sh...t every model and every year. I tried with several phones. Not a chance. The only way to sync the watch is to use wi fi but only after restarting the watch. Otherwise you may have "syncing already in progress" info 

• You don't have to reset. You can just kill the bluetooth connection from the watch, then sync. 

• Whenever I have an iOS <-> Garmin sync problem (which happens almost daily, unfortunately) it usually helps to quickly disable and re-enable Bluetooth in the iPhone. Works for the Fenix 6 and works for the Vivosmart 4.

• Whenever I have an iOS <-> Garmin sync problem (which happens almost daily, unfortunately) it usually helps to quickly disable and re-enable Bluetooth in the iPhone. Works for the Fenix 6 and works for the Vivosmart 4.

This has been my experience on my fenix 6X Pro with iOS 13.2 and Garmin Connect Mobile App 4.24.1.4 EXCEPT I quickly disable and re-enable the phone connection on the 6X Pro (MENU>Phone>Status[Toggle OFF then ON]).  Oddly, using the Phone connection in the Controls Menu on the 6X Pro does not seem to work Thinking

Still very annoying, but works.  Hope this is fixed soon.

HTH

• Hi has this issue been resolved? Received a Garmin Fenix 6/S for Xmas and been working fine no issues for last month, then few days ago stopped syncing activities Im on iPhone XS with IOS 13.3