Intensity minutes calculation is wrong - ignores my settings

I just don't get how Fenix 6 is measuring "Intensity minutes".

I have my set to count HR zone 1 and 2 as Moderate Intensity (this covers HR from about 90 to 140) and then HR zone 3-5 (>140) as vigorous which should be counted 2x.

Today, I tracked (as activities) two walks and one floor climb. These are the times in different HR zones based on the report in Garmin Connect:

Walk 1 - HR Zone 1 - 13:00min; HR Zone 2 - 3:30min

Walk 2 - HR Zone 1 - 1:30min; HR Zone 2 - 16:30min

Climb - HR Zone 1 - 8:30min; HR Zone 2 - 0:30min

My total Intensity minutes for the day as shown on the watch and on Garmin Connect:

26 moderate

23 vigorous

so total 72 minutes.

But I never had even a little bit of time in HR zone 3-5! So vigorous should be "0"!

In addition ... I get no intensity minutes for just walking without starting an activity. Even if I walk for more than 10 minutes with the same speed and HR as with the tracked activities.

Anyone has any ideas?

Also ... what I don't like about "My day" widget is that it shows Intensity minutes for the whole week! There is no way to find the number of intensity minutes for the current day on the watch.

Best,

Marek

• I believe the intensity minutes to be totally inaccurate. I have contacted Garmin by the support contact on the app. After taking screenshots as evidence they then said the device, Vivosport in my case was faulty and I could return it and then get a refurbished replacement. (One cobbled together from spare parts) If your device has similar menus tap on intensity minutes in My Day in the top right hand corner with the four vertical bars.Then tap on the week in question. This shows a bar chart but not a numeric figure for each day.

• Well. I not got one intensity minute on my 6x since I got it, 3 weeks ago.  I just startet one yoga aktivity and the HR/Calorie results where laughable (compared to my AW3) so I first got introduced to the recent OHR mess on this watch.

fact is: with my fenix 3HR, years ago, I hit my 150min every week even without starting an activity.

so I am with all the others, stating: the OHR is essential vor this type of watch and if it can‘t be trusted, you can‘t trust ALL OF THE OTHER METRICS which are based on HR.

To bad I bought the watch for all it‘s first beats features.

• I believe the intensity minutes to be totally inaccurate. I have contacted Garmin by the support contact on the app. After taking screenshots as evidence they then said the device, Vivosport in my case was faulty and I could return it and then get a refurbished replacement. (One cobbled together from spare parts) If your device has similar menus tap on intensity minutes in My Day in the top right hand corner with the four vertical bars.Then tap on the week in question. This shows a bar chart but not a numeric figure for each day.

• there is not one minute. It makes sense if „moderate“ activity is above 100bpm HR and the 6X OHR does mostly not exceed 100bpm outside an activity.