Anyone STILL having heart rate accuracy issues with their Fenix 6?

Hi all,

Super frustrated, but I am still having issues with my Fenix 6S and heart rate accuracy even with the 4.20 software update. I'm wondering if it's just me or what the deal is? I had a 5S Plus before this and had no issues doing the same activities so I really don't think it's user error. My heart rate hardly reads over 110 during really vigorous exercise when my heart rate is closer to 160+. I have tried wearing on the inside of my wrist, tried my other wrist with no luck. It consistently reads 80-110 bpm the whole time. I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade if I knew this was going to be an issue. I know that wearing a chest strap is the most accurate, but I don't like to have to wear it for all of my work outs and my old Fenix was totally fine as well as my apple watch before that. Any suggestions? 

• Useless as always. Or ordered to play dumb.

• Wrist HR is a joke from Garmin. It can only do resting hr, but any activity it cannot track. Have to use chest strap. Maybe people should go together and demand money back? Or sue them for false marketing? 

In activity it would be better to disable the whr and just use a randomised HR algorithm. That would make it more accurate hahahahah

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Wrist HR today  fenix6 x  apple watch 4 

• To everyone posting on here WITHOUT reaching out to Garmin technical support to report the issues you are experiencing: you are wasting your time 

• Hi folks,

I recorded two almost identical weightlifting session. One with my Fenix 6 Pro with the Cardio App and one with a brand new competitor from Polar with the strength training app. As you can see the Fenix cannot capture the periods between resting and lifting parts very well. It is in general way to high. I would have been out of breath with a pulse above 150 but I wasn't. The competitor not only shows a more realistic WHR but captures any little break between sets and supersets. Needless to say that there was a difference of 200 Kcal.

• I was added to a wrong HR ticket back in January. Not that it has helped in any way. I still e-mail them periodically and inquire. To which I get some empty phrases back that there are no updates at this time.

• This is exactly the problem with the F6! Even an old AW2 can capture the ups and down of a strength training workout. However, the F6 is basically random and never catches set and rest cycles. It is incredibly frustrating, considering it is one of the most expensive 'activity' watches on the market.... 

• Hello, I'm new to this forum. I just got my Fenix 6X Pro on Tuesday. So far I did a run, a walk and a Zwift session. In Zwift I used the send heart rate function to provide heart rate data to Zwift via Ant. I noticed that my heart rate was not recorded correctly which brought me here. The heart rate was average ~120bpm when I was climbing up hills and it had to be alot higher. In the middle of the session I took my Polar Vantage M to compare, and it was showing 170bpm where the Fenix showed 120bpm. So is it mainly a problem with the send heart rate function (at least thats what some people say)? The run and the walk were recorded correctly and while resting the heart rate seems to be accurate too (compared to Vantage M aswell). I ordered a Polar OH-1 to do some more exact measuring for comparison, and will provide the data in this forum. My sports are mainly weight lifting, running and cycling. Greetings from Germany

• I tried some burpees in the heart rate send mode and in cardio activity mode. In cardio activity mode the heart rate is pretty accurate according to the Polar Vantage M, whilst in the heart rate send mode there is a noticable difference. Still waiting for my OH-1 to provide better results. I will try to create a graphic comparison once I will get it. I called the german Garmin support line today and he told me it should be fine with the new Sensor Hub update from yesterday. I told him it's not and he offered me a warranty exchange of the watch. I still want to try out some things, and honestly, if the problem is just outside an activity, its not a big deal for me.