Anyone STILL having heart rate accuracy issues with their Fenix 6?

Hi all,

Super frustrated, but I am still having issues with my Fenix 6S and heart rate accuracy even with the 4.20 software update. I'm wondering if it's just me or what the deal is? I had a 5S Plus before this and had no issues doing the same activities so I really don't think it's user error. My heart rate hardly reads over 110 during really vigorous exercise when my heart rate is closer to 160+. I have tried wearing on the inside of my wrist, tried my other wrist with no luck. It consistently reads 80-110 bpm the whole time. I wouldn't have bothered to upgrade if I knew this was going to be an issue. I know that wearing a chest strap is the most accurate, but I don't like to have to wear it for all of my work outs and my old Fenix was totally fine as well as my apple watch before that. Any suggestions? 

• same here. I have owned other products as well, and I was super excited about this new fenix. I have been discussing with Garmin about this issues since September, and they were not able to help me until today, since I live outside the US. 

• How did they help?  Did they fix the watch?  I bought mine through Amazon, found the problem out almost instantly, contacted Garmin, sent them files, and just recently gave up.  I contacted Amazon to send it back and they told me they have a 30 day return policy, eventually they came around but want to charge me a restocking fee.  Two companies I am thinking of dropping from my shopping choices.

• I bought mine through Amazon, found the problem out almost instantly,
    I contacted Amazon to send it back and they told me they have a 30 day return policy, eventually they came around but want to charge me a restocking fee.  Two companies I am thinking of dropping from my shopping choices.

With the problems you're having I understand why you'd consider dropping Garmin, but why Amazon?  They have a 30 day return policy that you failed to meet even though you said you noticed the problem "almost instantly".  They then did you a favor by saying they'll accept the return outside of the return policy window, but will charge you a restocking fee.  What's the problem?  It would have been in their legal right to have done nothing for you.

• Sorry guess I left that part out.  The problem is they will not tell me what the restocking fee is before returning it.  So I could return it and get charged a restocking fee of $100 or more.  I wouldn't know until the transaction is already done.  In the end it all worked out.  First Amazon called me back and agreed to wave the restocking fee.  Second I plug my watch into the computer to reset it and it downloaded an update.  It appears to be working now.  I will test it in the morning with a ride.  Talk about an adventure.

• Reported by those who got it, that it makes no difference to the hr :(

Yep. Loaded the update and it made no difference. WHR still works in and out of activities but not so good for swimming. 

No difference for me either.

• Hello, you'r talking about the 6.00 version? I did not get it yet, is there relay no change?

yesterday I got the flowing HR issue: treadmill for 9k with the Tri strap, after the workout was done my HR was @ 165, once I disconnected the strap the optical HR reading stayed the same for about 2 min, after that it jumped to 240 for about 5 min.( I was sweaty, but still OHR was ok for 2 min and then acted up, turned on/off the optical HR no change)

Hopping this resolves it.

Sensor Hub 4.20 Change Log

Improved wrist heart rate performance.

• I'm also on 5.77 beta and I was in a stress test (cycling) today. I didn't start an activity but checked the HR readings afterwards just for curiosity. Max HR reported by Fenix6 was 114 and the real measured max was 187! I got really pissed. This is totally useless information if it's showing this much off. It wasn't this bad with the previous sensor version, so something has probably changed in 4.20 sensor hub. 

I agree, this needs to be fixed. People are stressing themselves also when not in an activity, and this causes totally wrong calories etc.

• It's sad.  Went for a 100m dash for the train, heart pumping like its never been before (ran up set of stairs), yet watch didnt scrape 98 heartbeats. Please...

I had way better hr from f3hr in comparison to f6pro. F3hr to alnowledge the hr spike within 5 secs and would display 'realistic', regardless of it was a few beats, up to 5 or even if up to 10 heartbrats off. It would display.

Please... what is this expensive paper weight?

Even the vivoactive hr out performed.

• I just did a zwift run and then a concept2 session and my whr was off by 25 to 35 hb's vs. my tickr. I really hope garmin gets this resolved. I dont expect the same level of accuracy but for this price tag it shouldn't be off by that much.