This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weather widget not updating

Hi all, I’ve received yesterday my fenix 6 pro titanium. 
I’d like to know whether it’s just me or there are some update issue with the weather widget?

Yesterday while setting up for the first time the watch I could get weather widget info.

Todays I cannot get any into although it’s currently connected to my phone (Android) and I even tried to perform a couple of manual sync.

Anuone else?

Thanks in advance

• Hi, same issue here across a few Fenix 6X Pro and Sapphire models.

I've tried re-pairing the watch, which works the first time, but then fails to update.

I've tried re-installing and resetting the watch, only to get "Waiting for data" on the watch.

I've turned off all Firewalls and adblockers (Pi-Hole), changed DNS targets etc.. same issue on LTE outside with phone pairing.

Everything else works OK on the phone, so I'll just have to remove the weather widget for now, it's clearly broken.

• I'm having the same issue. My Fenix 6 Pro X isn't updating the weather widget. The phone is connected via Bluetooth to my iPhone, all software and firmware on both the watch and iPhone are updated, yet the weather will not update no matter how many times I synch. Bluetooth is enabled on the phone, location services and Bluetooth for the Connect app are set to Always. No luck with the weather widget. 

• Same here... there must be a bug, weather not syncing... so no info on weather

• happening to me as well with my Venu. It was working for just a day when I first bought it. then I got a ‘waiting for data’ from the widget and couldn’t get it to work since. My gps is working, location services is on and enabled, device connected to phone. tried unpairing and pairing the device, restarting my phone and device. none worked.

• F6S Sapphire - exactly the same - it didn't work when I set the watch up for the first time, so I disconnected it completely, reinstalled and reconnected it to the iPhone 6S and it worked the first day, then I got waiting for data. The price these watches are, you expect the software to be free of glitches. Does anyone from Garmin read any of these complaints?

• I first connected my f6 to the phone where weather is not updating. It worked just once when I completed the setup procedure. Then it didn't work anymore. After two days I decided to try my other phone and there it worked right after setup and ever after. 

So, I don't really think this is the problem, I mean, being paired with two phones. The first I tried is the one is not working indeed.  

• I'm taking it you aren't on an iPhone.

• No. I'm not. I've got two different Android phones

• Hi, is this still a problem for anyone? My (new) Fenix 6 weather widget worked perfectly well for the first week now, despite being connected to my iphone and other connected things working, I get a constant 'waiting for data'message on the weather widget. Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

• Its working now, all of a sudden!