Unable to pair bluetooth headphones (Jaybird Vista) to Garmin Fenix 6X

Hello all,

I just bought a new pair of Jaybird Vista headphones to be able to run with my Fenix 6X wirelessly listening to music. 

However, I am unable to pair these headphones to my watch. The headphones are not defective and work flawlessly with my telephone.

I've tried different methods so far, and all result in no connection to my watch. 

Putting the headphones in pairing mode, searching for headphones via music, it will find my Vista's. But when I click connect my watch wiill be stuck in a screen that says "Searching for ?" for +/- 10 seconds and then give me a error message saying it is unable to connect to ?. 

I've also tried connecting with Bluetooth turned off on my phone but the matter remains the same.

How can I resolve this issue? Other found headphones when searching are also named "?" when connecting, resulting in a failure.

Regards,

Daan

• Tarah Pro - not had any issues with them

Tarah Vista - I've had connection issues with them.  Some devices, many in fact allow you to pair with multiple devices.  The Vista claim to support pairing with up to 8 devices.   

So considering that.  If your vista pair with you phone also, odds are that you have watch nearby, so when you pull the Vista from the cradle, they'll likely pair with the watch first.  Once I heard the vista say "changing connection" -- but it didnt actually work.

As you may have guess the Garmin BT software is rough around the edges, it works, but sunny day scenario.   What has worked for my consistently, and is a big pain, is to just power off/on the watch.  I've had at completely remove and re-add the vistas sometimes, but usally the power off/on works.

good luck

• I'm using Jaybird Vista and they keep disconnecting. I pay attention to open the box with the headphones only when I'm out of the house and away from my phone. Still I'm wondering why I hear the words "connection switched" when I try to play music and not just "connected" what I hear when connecting to my phone?

• This disconnecting issue is not because your Jaybird Vista.

Garmin has messed up something in ANT/BT/BLE 6.XX versions, that affects many Jarbird users this way, but they didn't fixed it yet.

You can rollback easily to ANT/BT/BLE 5.04 and you headphone connection will be rock solid. Thumbsup

You can read here how to roll back:
    forums.garmin.com/.../jaybird-headphones---disconnection-issues---poll

I know this is not a final solution, but hopefully Garmin will fix this. 

• Thanks, I've tried the rollback, but it puts me also back to an ancient GPS version. I don't know why this happened and just had it autoupdate in the hope that with 6.11 the problem was gone. Now I'll try it it will work with the next complete update, otherwise I'll try to rollback again. For me the music was an important feature, so I'm quite disappointed!

• that link to the firmware file, its more than just ANT/BT/BLE?  its a GPS fw impact as well ?

• Sadly BT 6.11 didn't solved the issue, me and others have already tried it. However I don't know how did you get back to a previous GPS version because that file is only the BT update file. You can download the current beta (12.77) and update only the GPS part to get back to the current version.

It's only the ANT/BT/BLE 5.04 file (GUP3293.GCD), it doesn't effect the GPS firmware.

• Hi, yesterday I rolled back to 5.04. On a 48 min run I had 3 disconnections. To reconnect I had activate the music control, hit paly and touch one headphone. Not nice having to do that during a tempo run.

I'm only using Spotify music. Is there a chance that the problem is the Soptify app on the Fenix?

• Software Version 13.10
    ANT/BLE/BT 6.11
    Sensor Hub 8.00

I started my run today with my Vista.  Music was playing.  Then I noticed it just stopped.  I looked at the watch and the music ticker was still increasing.  I tried all combinations of connect/disconnect from the garmin watch that I could think of.  Within the vista themselves, I just heard things like "disconnected"   "connected"  or "changing connection"   But never did the music start.

Had I been at home, I would have just put the vista back into pairing mode, but you need the case for that I think.

I've had connectivity issue with Garmin 6x before, but that was just getting the vista to pair at all.  I never had a connection drop out, then not be able to come back.

since I was within an activity.  Power cycling the watch didnt sound like a reasonable activity.

Anyone else loose their connection furing an activity?   How did you recover it?

• I've been having the same problem with my Jaybird Vista headphones as well and my Garmin 6X Pro. 

Sometimes I've been able to reconnect and recover by turning on and off my headphones individually and trying to connect again... but that might have been just a lucky break. It did not work on today's run. I got the similar prompts that you had when I tried pausing and playing through the music app, or going to the headphones in the sensors app and toggling connection, but this time I wasn't able to get it to play the music again.

I'm using software v23.10, Bluetooth 6.15, all software is up to date. 

So I hear you and feel your same pain.