This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't remove a stainless watch band/strap

I bought a Fenix 6X Sapphire last Wednesday. It's going great. Today I decided to try a Garmin stainless watchband from my old Fenix 3 as it's the same size. It fits but the problem is now I can't get it off again. The clearence between the lugs and the band is that small it's almost impossible to get anything in between and even then can't push the springbar end far enoufh to release it. Is this something a good watchmaker/jeweller would probably be able to do or should I send it to Garmin in the hope they can remove it.

• 26mm spare springbars are now available from Garmin.  Part Number is S00-01339-00 for a pair.

If you call Garmin Support, they may ship you a pair for free.

In Germany, the spring bars are not available as a spare part. Support sent me a pair.

• 26mm spare springbars are now available from Garmin.  Part Number is S00-01339-00 for a pair.

If you call Garmin Support, they may ship you a pair for free.

In Germany, the spring bars are not available as a spare part. Support sent me a pair.

You're welcome! 

• I fitted an official Garmin steel strap to my Fenix 6x Pro but it wasn’t a quick fit. I thought it was stuck forever and didn’t really like the feel of the new strap so I was gutted…thought I’d ruined my brand new watch. 
    With a lot of patience and perseverance however, I managed to get it off using a very thin pocket craft knife this morning. You have to get in from the underside of the watch, where the gap is biggest and if your blade is fine enough (think scalpel) then you can get it onto one of the shoulders on the spring bar, lever it down whilst gently pulling on the strap and it will come free. 
    there are some very light witness marks around the pin slot/lug but you can only see them when no strap is fitted.