This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How accurate is the pulseOx?

Always gives me a reading too low 90-94% while an external devise is in the range of 97-99%

also cant always take a measurement, too many "measuring" and "keep still"  cycles with no results.

The fitting is fairly tight just above the wrist bone 

• not sure about its accuracy but mine measures first time every time and I'm mostly between 95 and 100. Mostly 100.

• With the Fenix 6x Pro, non-sapphire, it's spot on, about all of the time.  I have a finger pulse ox I use to use, but now after testing this one very often and looking at the history, I don't need my finger one anymore.  This is within 1 to 2% of a dedicated pulse ox.  I'm actually very impressed.   I wear it on my left wrist, snug, not tight.

• Mine is displaying values between 90% and 99%.

I only have a pulse ox on my phone Galaxy Note 9 and the phone is always displaying higher values...

Watch 94 phone 98 etc...

• These values were with 2.20 firmware. I checked again now with firmware 3.0 and the watch showed  value 95 and the phone 93, so they are pretty close.

I don't know if this is caused by the firmware update...

• My 6X Pro has demonstrated pretty good correlation with a dedicated pulse oximeter.  For the past 24 hours I have been at a steady 4553 Feet above MSL and seen a SPO2 level between about 88% and 94%:

Considering the reduced Oxygen level at this Elevation, it seems very reasonable:

Of course, it is important to remember that our watches are not medical devices and should not be relied on in any critical situation.

HTH

• Mine seems pretty accurate, though I have no way of verifying it. But it seems to correspond with reality for the most part. I used Sleep Pulse OX last night, and it indicated that I hovered around the mid-90's most of the night, with 2 dips into the 80's, which sounds about right to me.

• I’m curious as well. I just received mine and seeing my nightly spo2 readings go down to 84% through the night (lowest level is 84 and it hits it a couple times, then back to normal. Either the watch or maybe I have sleep apnea?  I guess I’ll monitor it. 

• During sleep, I don't know for sure.  But while remaining still I test the pulse Ox on ALL FOUR of my Garmin watches against my Innovo iP900AP unit. They generally show the same saturation, +/- one percent.

• Mine is crap. It shows, just an example,  85% when checked with a medical pulseox is 98%. I have tested in various conditions and in my watch ( 6x pro) is useless.

• Sorry it's not working well for you, mine is still working quite good. I've had 24/7 PulseOX turned on since the COVID thing started, and it's never given me any readings that I felt were wrong - granted, I don't have another pulse oximeter to test it against. But the readings at least seem realistic as far as I can tell.

I almost wish it didn't work, then I could just turn it off and save the battery life Smiley